Inline FabricationReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Repackbox
Load DataTitan ReloadingWidenersLee Precision
Snyders Jerky MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: is there a right/wrong .......

Boolit Mold

is there a right/wrong .......

............is there a right/wrong way to put a mold in master caster. Thanks, Keokotah

Yes. You want the pivot point for the sprue cutter on the right as you face the machine.

Hope this helps.

Fred
    After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. - William S. Burroughs.

Boolit Mold
    Thanks for the reply ReloaderFred
    so, my next problem is , when I pull the handle down all the way & then go back up the sprue cutter handle i have to push it with my finger to close it to the correct position..... hope you can help me with that one

Just adjust the bar that closes the sprue cutter so it aligns the sprue cutter in the proper position. -There are opposing 1/2" nuts on the sprue closing bar, one on the inside and one on the outside of the frame. Just loosen one and tighten the other until you get it in the right place to completely close the sprue cutter, but not to move it past center. It doesn't take much adjustment, and it's kind of a trial and error thing.

Also make sure the rails are just barely touching the mold carrier when it's cold. As the pot warms up, and the metal expands, it will slightly close the gap between the rails and make it hard to get the mold under the pour spout.

Hope this helps.

Fred

PS: I'm moving this thread to Casting Equipment, which is a better fit for the machine. Star never made the Master Caster.
    After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. - William S. Burroughs.

Boolit Mold
    Hi Reloader Fred..............Thanks again for the help.
    I do not see where I said a STar.......

Quote Originally Posted by keokotah View Post
    Hi Reloader Fred..............Thanks again for the help.
    I do not see where I said a STar.......
    You're welcome. This thread was in the Star Equipment Corner sub-forum, so I moved it here under Casting Equipment.

Fred

Boolit Grand Master

There is even a wrong way to put a mould block in a set of handles .
    After installing handles on a new NOE block ... it wasn't working right ... at first I couldn't figure out what the problem was !
    I had put the block in backwards ... which isn't really wrong ...if you are left handed !
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"