WidenersInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingRepackboxLoad Data
RotoMetals2
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: where to get pellets

Boolit Master

where to get pellets

Got a new to me Benjamin Discovery 22cal PCP and am having a lot of fun with it. I have about a dozen different types of pellets that I have checked for accuracy and the one that works best so far is the Benjamin domed but all I have of those is what's left of 100 from a sample pack. I have some others that work fairly well and there are others I would like to try but I can't find any pellets of any kind online. Does anyone know anywhere pellets are available?

Daisy is having a Memorial Day Sale. Their .22 Hollowpoints shoot very accurately in my Xisico Sentry .22 PCP Rifle and are soft lead that expands well on pests.

https://www.gatewaytoairguns.org/GTA...topic=187468.0

Also check with Jeff @ Trenier Outdoors - https://www.trenieroutdoors.com/ammo/

Boolit Master
    Thanks for the links. I just ordered some of the Daisy pellets to see how well they shoot.

Boolit Master
    I ordered my last batch from https://www.pyramydair.com/ammo

They have lots of resources as well https://www.pyramydair.com/airgun-resources/

Daisy pellets will shoot dirty. Pellets are cheap. Get you some quality ones.
    https://www.pyramydair.com/

Boolit Master
    I have RWS Super H, Hobby and Meisterkulgen, Crossman HP, Piranha and destroyer, Gamo hunter, and Benjamin dome, super point,pointed expanding, destroyer and HP. Out of the pellets I do have the Benjamin dome work the best followed closely by all of the RWS the Crossman HP and the Benjamin HP.

Pyramydair doesn't seem to have anything in stock for 22 cal domed in the 14gr area.

Boolit Master
    If you really want to know which pellets shoot the best in your gun, order a pellet sample pack from this place. http://www.straightshooters.com/stra...mpler-.22.html
    You get 25pcs of twenty-five of the best pellets to be had. You can try groups of each a couple of times and see which ones shoot the best. It will save you time and money in the long run and you can order the brand and weight of the ones your gun shoots the best.

Unless you're expecting to shoot long distances for a pellet, don't discount using the wadcutter style pellet

Try Airguns of Arizona.
    Ky State Director IHMSA
    Hunter Ed Instructor
    NRA Life Member

I bought a Hatsan springer and have had good luck using the Ruger Superpoint .22 caliber 17gr. pellets. Walmart has them in stock regularly and (for now) they perform well enough for me. Might give some of the others a try when the "silliness" ceases and supplies get caught up. But until then I will use whatever I can find. No fancy cloverleaf shooting for me, all I need is minute of squirrel head accuracy.
    NRA Benefactor

Boolit Master
    The RWS Meisterkuglen is a wad cutter as well as the Hobby pellets and both perform well at 20yds but start spreading at about 30yds. My best group at 50yds has been with the Benjamin domed at .400. All of the domed seem to hold groups better at long range but the wadcutters shoot a little better at close range. None of the pointy ones shoot well at any distance. HPs are generally just under the domed.
    I will probably get the sampler when it gets back in stock. I would like to try some other pellets but most everyone is out of stock on almost everything.

That's what I discovered also with the wadcutters. 30 yards and under the wadcutters perform quite well and are very reliable taking out squirrels. My backyard is small enough 30 yards is the longest shot I can take so the RWS Meisterklugen is what I use by preference. They
    just give me the best groups. If you can find them there is one hollowpoint I would suggest. The crow-magnum. These have a BC near as high
    or better than many domed pellets. These give me my 2nd best groups or best at longer distances. Unfortunately my rifle apparently doesn't
    launch them fast enough to get any expansion in a squirrel unless I hit solid bone but they all deform then. Maybe your PCP will.
    At double the price I would only use them if I were making regular long shots

Boolit Master
    I have 13 acres with no close neighbors so I never know what range I'm going to be shooting. I have decided to get the best shooting domed I can find and deal with a bit less accuracy at close range for a little better at distance. I found some Crossman domed and have three tins coming. Their HPs work pretty good so I'm hoping the domes will shoot a bit better,

Boolit Man
    The local walmart has them on the shelves here.

Boolit Master
    My Walmart (65 miles one way) has no pellets of any kind and no ammo of any kind. I also tried online Walmart and they have nothing. I have enough on the way, if they shoot decent, to keep me shooting until they get back on the shelf here.

About the same in my local WM here in the Northern PRK. Haven't seen any .22 pellets for many months and only occasionally see .177 pellets.

Boolit Master

I ordered a couple of tins (500 count) .177 pellets on Amazon back in October 2020. They arrived in the mail last week. Guess a lot of people stuck in the Cities/Suburbs were shooting pellet rifles in the garage.
    Mustang

"In the beginning... the patriot is a scarce man, and brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain.

Boolit Master
    It seems anything related to shooting is difficult to find. murdocs in Kalispell had some rifle and pistol ammo in stock Tue but nothing I needed.

Banned

At a pawn shop in Yoakum, TX!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast