RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionReloading Everything
WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataInline Fabrication
Repackbox Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Our Hobby as Therapy

Banned

You are absolutely right, during the lunatic lockdown last year cabin fever was almost the norm for me. When I felt it setting in I moved to one of the three. Either breaking out the casting set up and spending the day with it, mounting one of my presses to the bench and going to town, or loading up a couple boolit launchers and equipment for the range and getting out of town. It is all definitely therapy for me!

My significant other calls my casting and reloading "man knitting".
    She does have a point.
    Collector and shooter of guns and other items that require a tax stamp, Lead and brass scrounger. Never too much brass, lead or components in inventory! Always looking to win beauty contests with my reloads.

Boolit Buddy
    Same here, sitting at my reloading desk or just a walk in the woods does wonders for me.

Boolit Bub
    Yes I get a relaxed feeling just being out by myself doing anything..Not just shooting, Fishing, just walking around the woods..ETC

Boolit Master
    I surprised one of my buddies awhile back when I said I had just had my medication. He was kind of surprised as he knows I don't take any medication, except for baby aspirin. I explained that I had just shot a decent group testing one of my new loads, and I just felt real good. Casting and reloading are also good medication. It is indeed good therapy.
    Britons shall never be slaves.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by FISH4BUGS View Post
    My significant other calls my casting and reloading "man knitting".
    She does have a point.
    I don't know about that. I spent the run up to Desert Storm "knitting" a shirt of chainmail out of scavenged galvanized coat hangers. I think of that specific activity as man knitting. I don't think I even have a photo of the result, anymore. That was long, long ago, and far, far away, in another universe, after all. I believe I still have the #4 Phillips screwdriver and one pair of the pliers I used for that project laying about somewhere, though. Packrat ancestry.

Bill

Boolit Buddy
    After spending the last year getting over my cancer surgery and radiation treatments, I finally felt like I needed to do something other than bitch about politics on the interwebs and relearn the Ukulele. It took a couple of months before I could form a two finger chord when they cut a hunk of bone out of my wrist to replace the bone they cut out of my my scull.

In Feb I cleaned my bench, got out my reloading stuff and started prepping brass and digging out my reloading notes. I had stopped shooting and reloading around 2014 when powder became so hard to find and primers were sparse, so it took a while to find the notes and get arranged. I finally got all my brass prepped, at least my .30-40 and .308, found I had stocked 2000 primers and had collected a good amount of Cast Boolets and powders.

As I worked out in the garage, the weather warmed and I've gotten more stamina to last out fifty rounds of decapping or sizing or loading. Over the last few months I've gotten 100 rnds of .30-40 and 100 rnds of 308 reloaded with four powders for testing, did some .38's and .44 spcl ~350 rounds and sold off my extra loading dies on the S&S board.

This month the VA is going to fix my right eye that was screwed up during the cancer surgery and I hope to be able to use my new scout scope on the Krag now. Getting my shooting truck a new battery and got my drivers license renewed so my wife doesn't have to drive me everywhere.

I'm tired of reloading and not shooting but happy days are coming and I'm feeling a lot better. I got a new mold and need ot get my casting set up to make some 314299's for the Krag.
    I looked at my ammo cabinet the other day and decided to no load anymore ammo until I get some shooting done. I'll just clean and reoil my guns, which will take a while as I've collected quite a few and revolvers take some time to detail.

Boolit Master
    Close to da Creaux,Hang'n out in Swamp's and Bayou's
    It does give a person a certain satisfaction to cast and load his or hers own projectiles
    Work up you're own loads for accuracy then go out and take game with confidence !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12