RepackboxReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingWideners
Load DataSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Lee Precision Inline Fabrication

Thread: Trouble reaching Mihec Molds

Boolit Master

Trouble reaching Mihec Molds

Anybody contact them recently? In March 2021 I was conversing via email with Miha Prevec through sales@mp-molds.com, which is his contact information from the web site. Yesterday, and I suspect (without evidence) it also happened in late March (our last contact), I received an error message that his service now detects my incoming email as Spam/Junk.

Like the Wagon Master in "Dances With Wolves", he's been wondering, "Now why don't he write?"

I also tried mihec@mp-molds.com with the same error returned. Maybe Netzero, my email provider and a poor choice at best, is the culprit - but it worked for a while, so why error-prone now? I followed up yesterday by sending the message via Yahoo mail, which, so far, seems to have been delivered error free, though I will not know unless and until he responds.

Anybody else get that error?
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

Boolit Master

he comes around here ever so often, maybe he will respond.
    if you are ever being chased by a taxidermist, don't play dead

Boolit Bub
    I’ve sent numerous emails, and have had No replies

Boolit Master
    Let’s hope he is ok because it would be a crying shame if he is not!

What a talent! My oh my!

I rank his molds as almost to pretty too break in but once they have been cast with the heat gives them a new and similarly attractive color!

Three44s
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret4207

“There is more to this than dumping lead in a hole.”

Boolit Master

I have no answer for "where" my responding emails went (dozens of them through a pair of email providers as Miha and I were previously discussing my molds) or why it took over a month to reach the Recipient, but I had a response from Miha (Friday) and my "little problem" is about to be resolved through the generosity of Mihec Molds! More on that when new pins are received...

Boolit Master

A SHOUT OUT of THANKS to Miha Prevec for the plethora of HP pin sets, alignment posts, and lock washers sent to me - gratis. Miha sent each of 4 different HP pin styles, incl. a solid. Doing the math that’s 32 alignment posts, 16 HP pin sets, and 10 lock washers. Maybe to Miha that’s a “drop in the bucket” compared to the thousands he ships, but it is A LOT to me and I am grateful for his Customer Service.

My APOLOGY for the ½ dozen emails I sent to sales@mp-molds.com (same one over and over) as I received error message after error message in its transmission. It was not my intent to be an annoyance.

How this thread started: I purchased a pair of new and unused brass MP molds from a Castboolit Member. One, a 4-cavity MP 360-156, HP and the other a 2-cavity MP 358-429R & 360 PB. I heat treated the four mold halves while waiting for handles.

For personal reasons, it was 54-months(!) before I poured lead into ANY mold – finding then that the 2-cavity MP mold would not accept its “as purchased” HP pins & posts. I perplexed and procrastinated a while before contacting MP Molds (shifted instead to a 22 Bator and an RCBS 22 mold in the meantime).

A pair of MP alignment posts are required per HP pin, that when these three parts (a "pin set") are screwed together form a “U”. Pin sets are inserted into the drilled mold half and are supposed to slide smoothly into and out of the mold for boolit release.

The pin sets purchased bind into a (theoretical) “V” in the 2-cavity brass mold. Post alignment holes in the 2-cav. mold were drilled farther apart than the holes in the 4-cav. mold.

Comparing the molds for alignment posts and holes:
    1.) The 2-cavity mold was drilled ~0.490", out-to-out.
    2.) The 4-cavity mold was drilled ~0.450", out-to-out.

“Common” HP pin sets (as purchased) will not fit. All purchased pin sets are ~0.450” out to out. Force fitting mold halves together, seeing a lot of daylight, binding the pin sets, and potentially galling the brass, because the as purchased HP pin sets do not align, is NOT the way these molds are intended to operate for the swift release of boolits.

Miha believed (correctly) that I may have received the wrong pins for the 2-cav mold, so he sent a 4-pack (3 YEARS after my 2nd hand purchase) – and they WORK GREAT. Now, with new posts and HP pins, the 2-cavity mold is ready to pour and I am ready to use it!

MP Molds - Superior product! Superior Customer Service!

I approve this message - Land Owner
    Last edited by Land Owner; 06-25-2021 at 06:47 AM.

Vendor Sponsor

Thats great to hear. MP makes great mold and looks like wonderful customer service .
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

Boolit Master

I expected no less. Good man great molds.

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw