WidenersRepackboxInline FabricationLoad Data
Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: tossing the pact chronograph

Howdy LLYOD
    I have a pact that have had for over 50 years ,I have had little problems with it over the years , At first it would go off and on ,so I took it apart ,it had the springs in the connectors where loose so
    I bent them and cured that Problem and then years later I was shooting my Black Powder rifles over it and it started to give crazy readings ,So I took it apart and could see anything that could do to make it work ,then I looked at the screen eyes they looked dirty so I took them apart and sure enough they were gruddy ,so I used some windex on them and have had a problem since.
    Last fall I bought a Labradar , I'm still testing that machine ,it looks promising.

Banned

still loving this new one. Ive shot probably a good 200 rounds over it and it hasnt missed a beat.

My Pact worked well for years, then it quit, I sent it in for warranty repair/replacement and was offered a new unit at a discount. Nope I want a repair or replacement per warranty still waiting and that was 9 years ago I think. The Pact warranty is worthless in my experience!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Smale View Post
    bought one new years ago. It was a piece of crap right from the git go. I would get readings about every 3rd or 4th shot. I bought it to replace a piece of crap chrony and thought i was buying a good unit. Ive got two of there scales and a dispensor and they work great. Well it sat on the shelf for probably 5 years because it was about useless. I took it out the other day and couldnt get a single reading from it. I said enough. I bought a competition electronics from midway. Put a battery in it and took it out yesterday and it worked perfectly. Only down side is no remote reading. It has a deal that will pair with a bluetooth phone but this old cogger still has a flip phone.
    Buy a cheap android tablet. I paid $99 for a Samsung 7" tablet at Sam's Club a year or two ago, put a 500GB microsd card in it, and have most of my metalworking and shooting/reloading/gunsmithing info on it, among other things. They have Bluetooth, so you should be able to link to the chronograph for remote displace.

Bill

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by BobT View Post
    My Pact worked well for years, then it quit, I sent it in for warranty repair/replacement and was offered a new unit at a discount. Nope I want a repair or replacement per warranty still waiting and that was 9 years ago I think. The Pact warranty is worthless in my experience!
    Sorry about your difficulties.

I have no idea why your problems have occured but I do know a bit about why most "lifetime" warranties aren't.

I have a 30 year old PactPRO that I've been well satisfied with. I especially like the built-in ballistic computer, the built-in printer and the user programmable data processing system. Many small operators (like PACT) design a great tool but can't build all of the parts in house, therefore they must contract with others to provide parts they can't make.

Thus, even with the best of intent, if critical subcontractors and suppliers go belly up the small maker will loose his source of components and has no power to keep his lifetime promise.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12