Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
RotoMetals2Load DataLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Wideners Titan Reloading
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Blind kitten

Boolit Grand Master

Gracie .... that's a nice name .
    She looks like a Gracie ... it suits her .
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

I love looking at the Pics of this By now Famous Little kitty. It is an on-going saga of the miracle Kitty, I look forward to each update and response.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by contender1 View Post
    To me,, Gracie fits. It was by the Grace of God,, you found her.

I love the pics. Keep them coming. She looks like a real sweetie.
    Stole my words before I could post. Well spoken.

Boolit Master
    Close to da Creaux,Hang'n out in Swamp's and Bayou's
    Quote Originally Posted by richhodg66 View Post
    My wife named her Gracie.

Did my daily visit this morning, she's getting better all the time. Still not as high energy as a kitten should be, but she was actually somewhat playful today. Still doesn't purr much, but got a little purr here and there. She really didn't like it when I had to leave, I think she enjoys the visits and is ready to get out of being boarded, but I want to make sure that eye infection is beaten first.
    Attachment 283533Attachment 283534
    You have a good heart, There's a place reserved in heaven for you as we say here.

Banned

Still can't believe how steep the improvement curve has been. Every day she's significantly better, and even the vet is surprised, he was sure she'd be blind and looking at the oozing, mangled wrecks her eyes were last Friday, I agreed. went and visited her this morning, playful and wanted to explore, more purring than she's done so far. The girls in the vets office says she eats well and is a real sweetheart to them. My wife went and visited with her this evening and took a cell phone video of her playing with her (I'm not smart enough to be able to upload it), and watching that, there is no question that kitten sees fine. Both eyes look real cloudy and maybe they always will, but she's healthy and we plan to take her home tomorrow.
    Attachment 283574Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gracie 11.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	30.6 KB 
ID:	283575

Boolit Master
    She’s your gift. You must have done something right to be rewarded. I think you two were meant for each other. I’m not sure who’s luckier.

Boolit Master
    OUTSTANDING news!

I've really followed this story,, as we love our cats here. But this week has been a bit rough on my wife. She had a cat, that was literally, physically born in her lap on May 26th 2000. He was her baby & always stayed close to her. Slept on her pillow with her etc.
    Well he passed away after 17-1/2 years with us. But this week, being his B-day week, and this story, well, it's been great to follow. My wife still misses that tom all the time,, and has had dreams about him all week. Your story here has made her cry as well. But it's tears of joy,, seeing the little Gracie not only survive,, but recover so quickly & doing so good.
    Again, God Bless you!

Boolit Grand Master

Richhodg66 ,
    Thanks for posting ... your updates and photo's put a nice big smile on my face ...feels good .
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Master
    My wife gets kind of fussy with me when I say it, but as bad as 2020 was, it had one shining spot and that was our Mittens.
    Looks like you got one for 2021. <Thumbs up>
    “Coincidence is God’s way of remaining anonymous.”

Boolit Master

Glad she’s gotten so much better & her sight returned! She’s definitely special & bless you for saving her, she will bless you by loving you & your wife unconditionally!

Boolit Grand Master

She is a cute little ball of fur. Good on you for going to the effort and expense to save her.

Banned

She's home with us now, we're keeping her seperated from the other cats for a little while and will try to introduce them gradually.

Boolit Master
    "Welcome Home Gracie!"

Makes my day when I see these progress reports.

(As I was moving my computer mouse around,, I have one of my cats sleeping against my arm. I move it to type, and then replace it when I need my mouse. She doesn't bother moving.

Banned

we'll be putting drops in her eyes for a while, but other than that, she's a happy, normal kitten. Gotta keep her seperated out from the other cats most of the time, but she slept on me while I watched late night TV on the couch last night and two of the others came up to look and though there was a little hissing, they're taking it a little better than I thought so far.

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    Great! As they all get used to each others' scent the hissing should stop, maybe look up "scent soakers" i.e. put a towel out for them to sleep on and trade the towels between Gracies' area and the other cats' area. Helps to familiarize them. Glad Gracie is there

Banned

She's a good little cat. Friendly but not needy.

Our oldest cat is a very jealous one. Always has been and is still jealous when my wife or I hold one of the others, even the ones he's lived with for years now.

Kinda funny, the dog is just a little curious about her, no animosity at all. He just went up and sniffed at her for a minute or two like he was trying to figure out what she was.

Boolit Master
    You can likely find the Mittens Hissfest thread here somewhere.
    All is well for the most part but there is an occasional growl or hiss.
    “Coincidence is God’s way of remaining anonymous.”

Boolit Grand Master

Glad to hear that She is home.

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    My two mostly get along well and have for years but once in a while, sibling rivalry rears its ugly head, so long as they don't try to eat each others' faces or necks or other critical parts, I wouldn't freak. Francine has tried a little light neck chewing but its mostly harassment, no blood! Pets can be characters.

Boolit Master
    In just over a week,, we've seen a rescue, a heartbreaking diagnosis, a fast & excellent (& ongoing,) recovery, and now a new home for a cat that was well worth the trouble. Sounds like things are doing quite well. WONDERFUL news.

And the nay-sayers who felt it would be best to just put her down,, well, THEY WERE WRONG! You have living proof of what proper care, medicine, and love can do.

So, as Miss Gracie adjusts to her new home, and becomes a member of an obviously good family,, keep us updated,, just like baker has done with Mittens. We do care & we need such good stuff to share.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast