Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingLee Precision
RepackboxSnyders JerkyLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Wideners Inline Fabrication
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Blind kitten

Moderator Emeritus

Looks like she has bonded with you! You will have a lap kitty for life with that one!

Boolit Grand Master

It is really nice to see someone doing the right thing with a feral cat. I've seen too many times the harm these cats thrown out by humanities worst, to be some farms problem. For whatever reason, they can't make it in the wild, so they end up in barns, chicken coups, sheds, etc. They reproduce worse than rabbits until so many together get sick like this kitten did. The worst part is there is always someone who feels bad for them, but doesn't want to do the right thing, so they start feeding them. Now they caused another problem. Suddenly there are a hundred feral cats in a small area, and they kill everything.

It's sad, but the best thing to do is either adopt them for good, or kill them. Don't just feed them and feel good about yourself. I applaud you richhodg66, very few people have done what you have.

Boolit Master
    Many vets will fix cat colonies for free. My SIL had something like 21 at one time. Most were as I call them "targets" as they are completely wild. Although some of the wild kittens figured out real quick that human affection is a good thing.

As a side note. Our beloved Mittens, who has been terrorized by the evil cats out side of the windows, hopped on the bed this morning with a wakeup call. Our bigger cat Libby growled at her so she went to the foot end of the bed and peed on it. WTH??? My wife was very understanding about it because I was very distraught about it. It is all about being scared and marking her territory. Soooo. we will deal with it
    “Coincidence is God’s way of remaining anonymous.”

Banned

Went to see her again this morning. She's still very calm for a kitten, but her energy level has definitely increased significantly just in 24 hours. For the most part, she was content to just sit there and be petted, but she eventually did climb up on my shoulder for a while. Best part, I finally got a few minutes of good strong purring, I was beginning to wonder if she was capable. She's a sweet heart, the plan is to bring her home by the weekend if her progress continues to be good.
    Attachment 283503Attachment 283504

Boolit Buddy
    Good news!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

Southern Middle Tennessee/ Hillsboro Alabama
    Fine looking kitten . You did good .
    Grumpy Old Man With A Gun....... Do Not Touch !!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bakerjw View Post
    Many vets will fix cat colonies for free. My SIL had something like 21 at one time. Most were as I call them "targets" as they are completely wild. Although some of the wild kittens figured out real quick that human affection is a good thing.

As a side note. Our beloved Mittens, who has been terrorized by the evil cats out side of the windows, hopped on the bed this morning with a wakeup call. Our bigger cat Libby growled at her so she went to the foot end of the bed and peed on it. WTH??? My wife was very understanding about it because I was very distraught about it. It is all about being scared and marking her territory. Soooo. we will deal with it
    We had a female American Patchwork named Sprinkle Pants who was in the same boat. Our interior hallway was her Alamo. When a big grey and white Tom terrorized her outside she would retreat there to pee. We rescued her from PetSmart where her cage bio read “Keeps attacking the smaller dog.” I thought to myself: This cat is in a 2’ X 2’ cage for being a cat? We took her home. She had a thing about thresholds and would always prance over them hence the name.

Boolit Master
    "Went to see her again this morning. She's still very calm for a kitten, but her energy level has definitely increased significantly just in 24 hours. For the most part, she was content to just sit there and be petted, but she eventually did climb up on my shoulder for a while. Best part, I finally got a few minutes of good strong purring, I was beginning to wonder if she was capable. She's a sweet heart, the plan is to bring her home by the weekend if her progress continues to be good."

I just keep smiling at these posts.
    It helps make my day!

Boolit Grand Master

It's hard for me to tell from the photo's ... but I think she's got some sight in at least one eye !
    And take it from a guy who's blind in one eye and half-blind in the other ...that's all you need !

Blind Kitty isn't going to work as a name ... has one started to evolve ?
    My wife gives ours a name ... but over time I usually call them what name fits them .
    She named a rescued all black cat " Shadow" ... but his evolved name is Buddy... he's my little buddy, so I call him Buddy .
    Gary
    Last edited by gwpercle; 05-27-2021 at 12:16 PM. Reason: spelling - blind not bling !
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Banned

My wife named her Gracie.

Did my daily visit this morning, she's getting better all the time. Still not as high energy as a kitten should be, but she was actually somewhat playful today. Still doesn't purr much, but got a little purr here and there. She really didn't like it when I had to leave, I think she enjoys the visits and is ready to get out of being boarded, but I want to make sure that eye infection is beaten first.
    Attachment 283533Attachment 283534

Moderator Emeritus

Boots!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MaryB View Post
    Boots!
    We already have one named Boots. He's the one from the similar situation 14 years ago.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by MaryB View Post
    Boots!
    Socks!

Boolit Master
    Ok... To be clear Mittens is taken...

Even if she did pee on the bed again... Ugh... I do not need more stress in my life.

Boolit Master
    To me,, Gracie fits. It was by the Grace of God,, you found her.

I love the pics. Keep them coming. She looks like a real sweetie.

Boolit Master
    We have an almost year old Shadow, but I call him kitty al the time. I applaud you for taking care of Gracie.

Boolit Master
    Sox. In memoriam of my late kitty that owned me for 13.5 years.
    QUIS CUSTODIET IPSOS CUSTODES?

I follow this thread with great interest I have raised foundling cats for most of my 66 years on this Big Blue Marble. I have never owned a Cat though I have been owned by many.

Boolit Master
    This website needs a like button.

Boolit Master
    Squint, based on circumstances.
    R.D.M.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast