Load DataLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersReloading EverythingRepackbox
Titan Reloading Inline Fabrication
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lee Rifle bullet molds= hen's teeth and unicorn horns?

Boolit Buddy

Lee Rifle bullet molds= hen's teeth and unicorn horns?

Has anyone seen a new 30 caliber Lee Rifle bullet mold of any kind for sale in the last few months- besides on Amazon (rip-off), Ebay (bigger rip-off), or Gunbroker (ridiculously big rip-off)? Most other stuff seems to come available and then go fast; but I haven't even seen a single Lee 30 caliber mold available since last fall. Even primers pop up for a second from time to time. Just wondering if Lee shut down or quit making them or something....

Crazy times!

John

Boolit Master
    I think they have been hammering out the popular pistol molds. I would just keep looking. Titan, Midway and others are getting them back in slowly.

Boolit Master
    What mold are you looking for?

Boolit Master
    I just went looking at Midway and there is at least one 30 cal rifle mold in stock and waiting. If you do not like that one, you can ask to be notified when one you do like is in stock and they will email you so it can be ordered. Good luck.

Boolit Buddy
    I've bought from Midway a week or two ago 312 160 gr for my AK and light loads of 303.

Boolit Master

Titan reloading has had an occasional item that I was looking for. They are great to deal with and ship fast. You might keep a steady eye on them.
    Good Luck,
    Rick

Boolit Grand Master

Bad time to be looking for anything reloading or ammo related .
    Presidential election , Pandemic , riots , defund the police ...all combined to ramp up demand way ...way ... past supply . You are going to have to wait . Place an order and cross your fingers ...
    You're a day late and a dollar short on getting a new mould ...
    I saw the handwriting on the wall and bought every mould I would need about two and 1/2 years ago, everything was in stock and placed orders with NOE for several custom moulds ...
    and glad I did !
    Check with Titan Reloading , a site sponsor , they may be able to help you ... there was something from them in my email ...Maybe a SALE !
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Master
    I looked on Midways site today and they have a 180gr Lee 30 cal. available now.

Boolit Master
    I have one, pm me

Banned

I agree it's a bad time to be looking for reloading equipment/components. I also agree that if you can find it at Titan you're better off, good prices, great service and great shipping. I just looked and Midway has a good amount of some ammo compared to the past several months. Keep watching the sites and you'll find some.

Boolit Buddy
    My Lee 309-170-F is getting worn and I'm planning to replace it and put the other in Injured Reserve at my camp. The other I'd like to have a back up for is my soupcan. All I've seen is pistol molds and pointed or RN. Not very conducive for hunting. Glad to hear folks have seen some. I'll keep an eye out!

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by gwpercle View Post
    Bad time to be looking for anything reloading or ammo related .
    Presidential election , Pandemic , riots , defund the police ...all combined to ramp up demand way ...way ... past supply . You are going to have to wait . Place an order and cross your fingers ...
    You're a day late and a dollar short on getting a new mould ...
    I saw the handwriting on the wall and bought every mould I would need about two and 1/2 years ago, everything was in stock and placed orders with NOE for several custom moulds ...
    and glad I did !
    Check with Titan Reloading , a site sponsor , they may be able to help you ... there was something from them in my email ...Maybe a SALE !
    Gary
    It's a bad time to be doing anything at the moment unfortunately. Can't build, as wood is crazy expensive. Can't buy ammo, due to shortage with no end in sight. Can't cast bullets, due to a shortage with no end in sight. Can't buy guns, due to a shortage with no end in sight. Can't play computer games, as there is a computer component shortage with no end in sight. Can't buy cars, due to a used market implosion, and new car shortage with no end in sight.

Unfortunately we are in a bad place. Of course you can get these things, it's just that the prices are extreme. You can either keep your head down, and ride it out, or just pay the price and go have fun. In the case of bullet casting, the custom mold makers are up and running. There's currently no reason to wait for a mold from Lee. Order a top class mold from Accurate, NOE, Arsenal, etc., and go have fun.

Boolit Buddy
    Trying to match what I have that's shooting well. I have the NOE 265-126 FN. Works well in my Grendel

Boolit Bub
    If you get notified by Midway it's in stock jump on and order it ASAP. I saw a notice on my phone something I wanted was in stock in the morning at work. I was going to order it when I got home. By the time I got home out of stock again.

Boolit Buddy
    I've purchased a few off Midway over the last few months.
    Cargo

Boolit Mold
    Find a Lee "Master" dealer near you. Chances are they will have molds. I have one within 30 miles, and he has most in stock currently.

I just bought the 2 cavity Lee 312 160 grain tumble lube mold from Midway. Powder coated, copper gas checked and sized .311, I shot a 1 1/2 group @ 100 yds in a .309 bore Howa bolt gun right off the bat. This is a reloaded Berdan primed steel case in 7.62x39 chrono’d at 1600fps. Sign up for stock notification and don’t delay when you get the in stock notice.

Boolit Master
    I haven't had any luck with finding Lee Moulds but the fancier brands seem to have some in stock. I watched a used Lyman Devistator mould on Ebay go for more than the price of a new one so I ordered one from MP in brass.

Boolit Master
    run out of components for 1 gun switch to another and ride out the storm

Quote Originally Posted by turtlezx View Post
    run out of components for 1 gun switch to another and ride out the storm
    Exactly. That’s what brought me to 7.62x39. I bought a Howa mini 1500 and thousands of Berdan primers during this time when nothing else was available. I have plenty of other caliber components but didn’t want to eat into them.