Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2Wideners
Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load Data Repackbox

Thread: Lyman customer service

Lyman customer service

My Lyman mould developed a problem and last night I emailed Lyman describing the problem. This morning I had a reply including a form to use to return the mold for repair. The quick response and the offer to provide repairs was a very positive experience for me. This is the first time I have contacted their customer service.
    I think I see a rip in the social fabric, Brother can you spare some ammo?
    Corb Lund

Boolit Master

That is good news. I quite buying Lyman equipment several years ago because of their very poor customer service. I talked to them by phone the last 2 times I contacted them and got a run around both time. Could not get a simple direct reply to a question about a damaged die. Kept offering me a new die at retail cost.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TNsailorman View Post
    That is good news. I quite buying Lyman equipment several years ago because of their very poor customer service. I talked to them by phone the last 2 times I contacted them and got a run around both time. Could not get a simple direct reply to a question about a damaged die. Kept offering me a new die at retail cost.
    I had this same experience a few years back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They have been easy to reach and no complaints on some small stuff lately. Been waiting on an M die button for a couple months thou

I have a Lyman mold that had an issue with the spru plate. I called them, described the problem, and they sent me a new spru plate. I can’t complain.
    The sooner I fall behind...the more time I have to catch up with

Boolit Buddy
    I have had great Lyman service over the years, and my Mag 25 furnace, now two years old has been the best thing I have purchased anywhere for anything in recent memory. Shipping to Alaska is no problem for them.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by thxmrgarand View Post
    I have had great Lyman service over the years, and my Mag 25 furnace, now two years old has been the best thing I have purchased anywhere for anything in recent memory.

Until it quits, like mine did, a little more than two years old.

Winelover

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by winelover View Post
    Until it quits, like mine did, a little more than two years old.

Winelover
    That's not good. But, just as a matter of perspective, I wonder how many makers of anything would be in business if we reject all who have had any failures occur in the first two years of use? IIRC, even the big green Saint (RCBS) only promises to fix electrical stuff for the first year of use.

Boolit Master
    Going in, I didn't expect much from something made overseas. I bought an RCBS Easy Melt, around the same time. It's still operating. Both furnaces were used about equally. Kept different alloys in each. When the Lyman quit, I was using the furnace and noticed it was cooling down. Looked at the PID and only one of the two LED readouts were registering. Was able to empty the pot, of all the alloy, before it solidified.

Winelover

I contacted Lyman customer service a week ago for the first time in maybe five years. Previous calls in the past were never successful.

THIS time the response was quick and good.

Boolit Master
    Update: Finally got around to looking at the Mag25 that quit. Took off the side panel, closest to the PID. Found a circuit board with a (10A) 5mm x 20mm glass fuse. Checked continuity, found fuse was blown. Replaced fuse, LED came back on, pot started to warm. Shut it down because pot was entirely empty. Hope it lasts. Only time will tell.

Winelover

Boolit Buddy
    I’ve had a MAG-25 for about 3 years now. No issues. I really enjoy it.

Boolit Master
    I had an issue with a Lyman product....CS was quick to respond and took care of the issue. I would say that they are as good as RCBS & Ruger now.