RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingInline FabricationRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyReloading EverythingLoad Data
Wideners Lee Precision

Thread: Greetings from Ohio

Smile Greetings from Ohio

Posting to say hello to everybody. My dad got me into reloading and this board has a vast amount of wisdom and hard-won lessons.

Not casting anything yet, although I'm sure that's unavoidable.

Hope everyone is staying safe out there.

Welcome aboard PrestoColumbus.

I've been a member on this site for a good while now. You won't find a better bunch of mentors and people willing to walk you through any problems you may have along the way. I was reloading a few years prior to learning to cast. I'd been casting on my own for close to 20 years before finding this site. I learned more the first 18 months I was on this site, than everything I thought I knew before.

Enjoy, and remember this. There is no such thing as a foolish question. More than a couple of us around here wished we'd had someone to ask long ago. We learned from books and if one was lucky, they had a hands on mentor to get them going.

Murphy
    If I should depart this life while defending those who cannot defend themselves, then I have died the most honorable of deaths. Marc R. Murphy '2006'.

Boolit Grand Master

Welcome to the the site.Also to the hobby / addiction.
    One thing you might want to consider is posting your location in your info bar. You may get more offers of hands on help from, others local to you.
    Out of curiosity what are your interests, handgun rifle shotgun, pinking hunting competition.
    And again welcome

Boolit Master

Hello neighbor, from West Virginia!
    Maker of Silver Boolits for Werewolf hunting

Thanks everybody

Quote Originally Posted by country gent View Post
    Welcome to the the site.Also to the hobby / addiction.
    One thing you might want to consider is posting your location in your info bar. You may get more offers of hands on help from, others local to you.
    Out of curiosity what are your interests, handgun rifle shotgun, pinking hunting competition.
    And again welcome
    I filled out more stuff on my profile, thanks for the suggestion, i just skimmed right past it all.

My interests in firearms: well i grew up shootin. Got a daisy air rifle bb gun somewhere between 6-8 i can't remember. I really started taking an active interest in self-defense as the world started changing over the past 10-years and I found myself remarried in 2015. Had one night I went to help the wife with a flat tire is a not-so-great area of town and found myself wishing I was armed. Turns out Franklin County OH gives free CHL to veterans so that was a no brainer (you still have to take the 8-hour class, which is NOT sufficient training, but that's another conversation). Now I don't go anywhere unarmed if I can help it. I take training very seriously and try to get in a couple classes each year in addition to dry fire training using the LASR system. This year I'm signed up for an "Intro To Fighting in Structures" thru Buckeye Firearms and hope to get into the "Introduction To Vehicle Defense Tactics" in August of this year. I'm working very hard to develop and maintain skills that I hopefully will NEVER have to employ lol

Beyond sd training I'm also hoping to find some amateur competition shooting. Rimfire/centerfire handgun, long range rifle. I haven't gotten into hunting. I'm a city boy and last time I shot a turkey I got kicked out of the grocery store. Haven't gotten into shotguns either. I love the AR platform, and have them in 300AAC and 5.56/.223. Hoping to find some plinking/fun things to use them in. It gets rather dull shooting paper all the time.

I carry a HK45c (not a 1911 guy) cos i'm too lazy to shoot twice (that's what we're supposed to say right?), currently reloading .45acp, if i can ever find primers/powder i'm setup to start loading 300aac and .223 but we're all feelin that pinch

anyway yeah thanks for the warm welcome folks. and if anyone can tell me how to find the decapping pin that I dropped on the floor today I'd be much obliged. It seems to have warped into another dimension rather than landing in an easy-to-see and easy-to-reach spot on the floor.

Boolit Grand Master

One way to find local matches in Ohio is to Look up The state association ORPA ( Ohio rifle and pistol association ). They will have a listings all over Ohio. I was a state team member for years in High Power rifle ( service rifle) and Long Range.

Quote Originally Posted by country gent View Post
    One way to find local matches in Ohio is to Look up The state association ORPA ( Ohio rifle and pistol association ). They will have a listings all over Ohio. I was a state team member for years in High Power rifle ( service rifle) and Long Range.
    thanks for the tip i'll check it out

Boolit Bub
    To find the lost de capping pin , first you buy a new one . As soon as you install the new one , the old one will show up . Works on other items too . Ed

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    Welcome aboard! Lots of good folks on here - lots of good information and help and a little bit of everything depending on your interests. Enjoy and have fun!

Welcome onboard! Lots of great minds with much experience here to learn from. You’re lucky, you don’t have anything to “unlearn”! Sometimes, it can hurt your feelings, to find out after casting for many years......you’ve been doing it all wrong! memtb
    You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“LETS GO BRANDON”

Boolit Master

'Bout a hundred miles from the Gulf of Mexico
    Welcome aboard, lots of fine people here, and the wealth of info is priceless!! Lost decapping pin, try a strong magnet first. Just my .02 cents worth.
    I firmly believe that you should only get treated by how you act, not by who or what you are!!

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Budzilla 19 View Post
    Welcome aboard, lots of fine people here, and the wealth of info is priceless!! Lost decapping pin, try a strong magnet first. Just my .02 cents worth.
    This and welcome here, it is a great place.

Banned
    Welcome to CB,

I ended up buying a lee universal decapping die (it has a big decapping pin ) I de-cap all my brass before I wet tumble it.

You could take this as a sign to thoroughly clean your floor, you might find stuff you "lost" years ago

" and if anyone can tell me how to find the decapping pin that I dropped on the floor today I'd be much obliged. It seems to have warped into another dimension rather than landing in an easy-to-see and easy-to-reach spot on the floor."

If it was an RCBS die, you can call RCBS, ask to buy new pins, and most likely they will just send you a new 5 pack of pins.
    Last edited by Conditor22; 05-20-2021 at 12:40 PM.

Boolit Master
    Great bunch here with tons of knowledge. Bad time to be looking for anything gun related but the S&S section has a lot of things you may need. Oh, your primer pin has bounced and rolled under the heaviest hardest thing to move you have in your loading area.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Budzilla 19 View Post
    I got one with a long handle. The magnet is just a bit bigger than a hockey puck (I'm a Canadian eh'), good for under things and I do not have to bend over.
    R.D.M.

Look for the pin in the same place your primed and sized cases disappeared.

BTW, what branch of service?

Wayne
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger - or else it gives you a bad rash.
    Venison is free-range, organic, non-GMO and gluten-free

Quote Originally Posted by WRideout View Post

BTW, what branch of service?

Wayne
    Uncle Sam's Misguided Children