Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingLoad Data
Inline FabricationRepackboxLee PrecisionWideners
RotoMetals2

Thread: Small Pistol Primer Tray File

Boolit Mold

Small Pistol Primer Tray File

Howdy all. Anyone have a file for printing a small pistol primer tray? I know most re loaders probably have 50 of em laying around but I haven't reloaded for years. I'm setting up to start making my own percussion caps for black powder and would like the trays for that process. Thanks!

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    I can make one, you have an exact outside set of dimensions you want to match? I have a CCI SP tray here, can match that easily, assuming you want the tray to be for primers on their side and touching each other. If not thats just a couple minutes more of coding

Federal primers, for example, are 100 separate holes, you could use those to fill percussion caps with compound

Boolit Mold
    That's exactly what I'm looking for. I really need to learn the coding side of the the 3D world lol. I've had my printer for about a month and this thing is a blast! The Federal tray sounds like the ticket.

If I can get Thingiverse to let me change my pass I can upload it to there, alternately could email the stl to you, 1.7MB

Made with the assumption that you want a Federal style layout and the holes are 10x10 (so 100 holes) 0.1765" diameter and 0.126" deep, you might want a little larger holes so I will wait till I hear from you I guess before uploading?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cap_Tray.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	32.6 KB 
ID:	283182

30 lines of script in OpenSCAD, it helps that I have been coding since the 70s and that I'm good at math

I didn't try to make this fancy or make it match any existing tray's dimensions.

Just picked 1/16" walls (between cap holes and under cap holes) sorta randomly as that's strong enough.

Boolit Mold
    I think those size holes will work. Email is fine if that works for you. New to the forum so I am assuming my email is available in my profile?

Boolit Mold
    Simple is better, no point in getting fancy now lol. Those dimensions should work perfectly.

emailed, I can send an email but not attach the files as its a board dialog box and I can't see your email address.

Boolit Mold
    I really appreciate it! I sent you a PM with my email address sir.

Boolit Master

I have 10 or 20 of the winchester small trays I could send you. I will just have them under foot till I throw them away.
    Quis Quis Quis, Quis Liberat Canes

/////////BREAKING NEWS////////////
    Millions and millions of American shooters and sportsmen got up, went to work, contributed to society in useful and meaningful ways all over the nation and shot no one today! How do they controll themselves?? Experts Baffled....

I LIKE IKE

Boolit Mold
    I really appreciate the offer but I am out in California. That's quite a ways to mail something.

Boolit Master

Flat rate is flat rate
    Quis Quis Quis, Quis Liberat Canes

/////////BREAKING NEWS////////////
    Millions and millions of American shooters and sportsmen got up, went to work, contributed to society in useful and meaningful ways all over the nation and shot no one today! How do they controll themselves?? Experts Baffled....

I LIKE IKE