Snyders JerkyInline FabricationRepackboxReloading Everything
RotoMetals2WidenersLoad DataLee Precision
Titan Reloading MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Broke the Rules I Guess- Chamber Reducers/Adapters

Boolit Buddy

Broke the Rules I Guess- Chamber Reducers/Adapters

Since my post disappeared I guess I must have broken a linking rule or something. So I'll leave the link out this time and see.

Does anyone have any experience using chamber reducers/chamber adapters. If you google "chamber reducer rifle" you can see what I mean. For instance there are several places that make stainless steel inserts for 30 caliber rifles allowing you to use 32 ACP pistol cartridges in such things as 308, 30-06, 303 etc

Thought it might be an interesting way to save powder and introduce full size rifle to the youngsters without having to worry about recoil.

Your guidance is appreciated.

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    I've heard of a lot of people who like them, not tried them myself yet. A very wide variety of these are sold, $25 or more each.

Boolit Buddy
    I have a 7.62x25 Tokarev chamber adapter for Mosin Nagants. I picked it up back when Tok was coming in cheaper than .22. It works well. With today’s Tok prices I don’t know if it would save any money over x54r but it certainly tames the rifle.

Banned

I think you're better off just getting a light bullet mold and down loading ammo in the proper cases for those rifles. The Lee soup can .30 works well in any .308 bore and there are others which will work in the .303. Likely to be more accurate too.

Boolit Master

I have had a "four-tenner" for about 40 years. Never used it much due to the price of commercial ammo. I guess I keep it because it would reduce the use of components.
    Micah 6:8
    He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

"I don't have hobbies - I'm developing a robust post-apocalyptic skill set"
    I may be discharged and retired but I'm sure I did not renounce the oath that I solemnly swore!

I have several. Most I have not played with much. I was pretty severely disappointed with a 5" 9mm in .410. At 25 yards it was all over. So I have slowly been investing in longer rifled adapters from Chaszrel. https://chaszel.com/contact-us/

I've been impressed with the quality of his workmanship. Most of mine are for pistol calibers in shotgun. 12g and 20 g mostly.
    They all need some work to pin down the indexing. But the 15" and longer show a lot more promise than the little 5"ers.
    I truly believe we need to get back to basics.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.
    Get back to thinking like our forefathers thought.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!

Quote Originally Posted by richhodg66 View Post
    I think you're better off just getting a light bullet mold and down loading ammo in the proper cases for those rifles. The Lee soup can .30 works well in any .308 bore and there are others which will work in the .303. Likely to be more accurate too.
    I have a buddy who is somewhat obsessed with those chamber adapters, but I'm more of a mind to go with lighter bullets and downloading as you suggest. I'm not likely to carry a 32acp or 32S&W while toting a 30-30 or 308, but I can use light 32 bullets in those rifle cartridges and revolver rounds alike. Usually the same powders as well.
    Chance favors the prepared mind.