Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingInline FabricationReloading Everything
RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Lee Precision
Wideners Load Data

Thread: Anyone shooting 10m

Boolit Master

Anyone shooting 10m

I was in the backyard shooting today. I have a FWB602. I find 10m to be the most challenging of any disipline I shoot. I spent about an hour with it. I have to do that more often. Im shooting high 70's to low 80's. Outside with wind. Not much chance of making the Olympic team.

It would be nice to find an adult group to shoot with

Boolit Master
    Spent 25 years doing it....wow hard to believe.

You will really learn Pistol from it

Boolit Master
    Used to shoot air pistol a lot, it is fun and you do see improvement in your other shooting. It's been popular for a while but the covid thing has squashed it this past season.

Boolit Master
    I shot 10m RT twice in the NYS Empire Games. I used a FWB602 if I remember correctly. It shot a lot better than me.
    Rich or poor, it's good to have money.

Boolit Master
    Im intrested in buying another 10m pistol. I started with a Gamo Compact in the 90's to practice for IHMSA. I bought a IZH-46m several years ago. I have.gotten rid of both of them. I wouldnt mind having a nice PCP 10m pistol.

Im not sure I will upgrade the FWB602. I does what I need it to. The adjust ability of skme of the new rifles is appealing.

Im just having fun in the back yard. I may try some of the online matches

Boolit Master
    I inherited a FWB300s that I posted about earlier. I have a 10 meter range setup in the backyard with a large cardboard box as the target. I painted 6 inch white circles and a black dot in the middle. Since I installed a Gehmann 530 iris i can get 10 shots in one hole when shooting on a rest.
    John

John; Sorry but you don't get to shoot off a rest. You have to shoot offhand.

Then the true frustration of shooting an FWB300S will be realized.

If you miss, you can't blame the gun.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Boolit Buddy
    Yes, I shoot 10m air, mostly pistol but occasional rifle. My current match pistol is a Morini 162ei with electronic trigger, I also have a Walther CP2 Match and others. My 10m rifle is an old Walther LGR single stroke pneumatic that shoots very well.
    Walther LGR:

5 shots with the Walther at 10m (33ft) from a fixed rest.

Morini 162ei:

Walther CM2

Boolit Bub
    Have you participated in any postal matches?

Started with a FWB80, then to a Pardini K10, and recently picked up a Baikal 46m for when I don't want to mess with air bottles or fittings.

Boolit Buddy
    For what its worth, I shot 10 meter air rifle in college for 3 years. Low 80s, outside with wind is impressive, especially if you are not wearing a a shooting jacket, pants and shoes....which all collegiate and olympic shooters wear....The FW 603 is a fine rifle, I shot the Anschutz 2002 and loved that rifle, my small bore rifle was the 2013 with the 4 bolts in the receiver and aluminum stock, this was when they were first finding out that the aluminum stocks vibrated enough to throw 10s to the 9 ring. A trick that many people do not know is that you can and should match the pellet to the rifle for small one hole groups, remove the barreled from the receiver and put it in a vise, get sample lot numbers of different pellets and you will see group sizes increase and decrease....a 5 shot group should be one hole and the shirt of the pellet should hang and not fall thru the hole when you hold the paper target flat........Alot of colleges do not do this and their scores show it..A center 10 is literally the size of a period at the end of a sentence and 10.9's win matches.......As far as skills, off hand 10m airrifle skills transition and carry over to highpower 200m off hand.....walking in to a highpower match having never shot offhand and shooting low 90's is a great feeling, if you ever get the chance to be around olympic shooters and AMU shooters were some of the most humble people ive ever been around and beyond helpful........wish I could find a used Anschutz 2002 air rifle............

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Sc0 View Post
    Have you participated in any postal matches?

Started with a FWB80, then to a Pardini K10, and recently picked up a Baikal 46m for when I don't want to mess with air bottles or fittings.
    I'm in the UK and yes, I shoot cards every week at my local indoor short range, they get signed and witnessed and sent away for scoring for a county league. I also shoot the same postal system for 25 yd muzzle load pistol, offhand gallery rifle etc. My effective 10m pistol/rifle competitive days are unfortunately long gone. In the 1980's I was shooting 10m pistol mid 560's, now I'm over 70 and smile when I shoot a 90. (I never was competitive at 10m rifle, maybe just competent)

BB444 - I agree - real precision shooting is at another level - Stand someone who thinks they are a hot shot next to a 15 year old girl who knows her stuff and see how they fair. As you say, sloppy 10's don't win matches. I the most challenging discipline I've tried is 5

I shoot 10 metre air pistol competitively, in postal competitions run by the NSRA, civil service sports association and the Police shooting sports association. Currently I am using a Walther LP400 and my average, pre-lockdown, was 91.5. I am now trying to overcome inconsistency; last week I shot 4 cards, 85 (with a shot flicked into the 6 ring), 91, 89 and 88. I am the only person in my club who shoots airgun and when the county rifle association tried to start a postal league for airgun I was the only one who entered.
    "Consciousness is a lie your brain tells you to make you think you know what you are doing." Professor Maria Goncalves.

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear. George Orwell.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew375 View Post
    I shoot 10 metre air pistol competitively, in postal competitions run by the NSRA, civil service sports association and the Police shooting sports association. Currently I am using a Walther LP400 and my average, pre-lockdown, was 91.5. I am now trying to overcome inconsistency; last week I shot 4 cards, 85 (with a shot flicked into the 6 ring), 91, 89 and 88. I am the only person in my club who shoots airgun and when the county rifle association tried to start a postal league for airgun I was the only one who entered.
    That's disappointing to hear Andrew, of all the problems we (in the UK) have with lack of range facilities, anti-shooting media etc. you would expect 10m air shooting would be more popular. You can rig a 10m range almost anywhere with few safety/noise concerns with reasonable costs for new shooters. It makes me weep to see row upon row of smiling little kids in India and China practicing serious air pistol in schools from the age of about 7.
    I shoot in the Kent league for 25 yards NSRA stuff and NRA (Bisley) for up to 1,000 yd shoots.