Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2Load DataInline Fabrication
RepackboxTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingWideners
Snyders Jerky MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Date a Rehabber They said

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    What an uplifting post! Thanks for sharing and giving a nice start to the day - good folks with big hearts helping out God's creatures when they need help . . . . a good lesson and reminder of the truly important things in life.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Winger Ed. View Post
    The smart guys leave it in the cage.
    But you do what works best for you.
    My feathered child is a person just like you or I. If we're home he's most likely out of his house and on either his mom or dad. We've had Munchkin for close to seven years now and I can count on one hand the number of times he's pooped on me. If he has to poop he lets me know and I take him to a poop place. He loves pooping in the toilet or the garbage can.

Munchkin is a Goffin's Cockatoo, but he knows he's a people. He communicates with us all day. Verbally and non-verbally. Right now he's cuddled up on my right shoulder preening. Parrots and cockatoos are one of the few animals that can tell you they love you and know what it means.

The other day I was talking with my wife about cutting/trimming my beard. It's been growing for just over 8 years. Munchkin was on my shoulder at the time and suddenly slid down on my chest looked me in the eye and said "no". He loves my beard. He hides under it and plays with it. He's never seen me without it. He had strong opinions about me cutting my beard.

Parrots are little people in feather suits.
    NRA Benefactor.

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    Wolfdog91, your success in not getting bitten just may have to do with how fast your reflexes are? LOL Looks pretty quick so far, no gore, that's good I've mostly stuck with cats and dogs, but there is lots to do to help critters.

Burnt Fingers, have you seen the youtube vids where they have dogs and cats pushing buttons to 'talk'? (billi talks or something, and bunni speaks? there are other channels too.) Pretty interesting. Parrots don't need buttons, handy for them. Critters are a lot smarter than some people give them credit for. Billi was telling her mom that she hated her music in one, Bunni told her mom to shut up in another, teenagers LOL

Quote Originally Posted by BNE View Post
    Possum is just an ugly critter. The little ones are kinda cute, but it’s down hill from there.

BNE
    AMEN! I'd rather rehab a Democrat.
    Cognitive Dissident

Boolit Grand Master

Possum rehabbing ??? ...
    All I can say is ...You must really Love that little Lady to do that for her !
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Master

In my job, we have reason to contact the local rehabber on a fairly regular basis. It is a never-ending task with little thanks. So thanks!
    "Is all this REALLY necessary?"

And she just texted me this

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	received_825325575031318.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	26.5 KB 
ID:	283154
    A wise man will try to learn as much from a fool as he will from a master, for all have something to teach- Uncle Iroh
    MS Army Guard 2016-2021

Quote Originally Posted by gwpercle View Post
    Possum rehabbing ??? ...
    All I can say is ...You must really Love that little Lady to do that for her !
    Gary
    Lol it's actually not all that bad. Just bottle feed them and change their bedding . Pretty easy to care for actually, now that fox on the other hand lol
    A wise man will try to learn as much from a fool as he will from a master, for all have something to teach- Uncle Iroh
    MS Army Guard 2016-2021

Boolit Grand Master

Why in the world would anyone rehab a possum? The proper course of action is to smack it with a shovel.
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks

Quote Originally Posted by imashooter2 View Post
    Why in the world would anyone rehab a possum? The proper course of action is to smack it with a shovel.
    It's a baby critter that need help . It's not an invasive soooo.
    MS Army Guard 2016-2021

Boolit Master

Growing up my mom did animal rehab. Bathtubs full of racoon babies, deer in the yard, hawks and eagles in the garage. I was always confused because my mom would tell us that baby bunnies just never survive, then she'd tell people that brought nests of them in that they'll be fine. I realized after a while the baby bunnies were hawk and snake food!

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    If you just socialize cats and have "a few" *cough* in a 2BR apartment, that'll keep you busy, too. Bit different workload and definitely different rewards, all of it needed.

Boolit Master

When I first moved to Arizona, my neighbors across the dirt road were rehabbers. Wonderful folks who always had a variety of interesting critters to get to know. From Chloe the skunk, to the twin baby owlets, Oliver and Percival, they had all sorts of cool creatures.

I loved going over and visiting them and the latest rescue. Wild creatures are cool, and even cooler when you can hold them and get to know them.
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Just now seeing this post. Good on you and your lady for doing the rehabbing.

Murphy
    If I should depart this life while defending those who cannot defend themselves, then I have died the most honorable of deaths. Marc R. Murphy '2006'.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by SeabeeMan View Post
    Growing up my mom did animal rehab. Bathtubs full of racoon babies, deer in the yard, hawks and eagles in the garage. I was always confused because my mom would tell us that baby bunnies just never survive, then she'd tell people that brought nests of them in that they'll be fine. I realized after a while the baby bunnies were hawk and snake food!
    It's a quicker end than starving to death. Bunnies and squirrels are just rodents with better PR than rats. I've raised (well, really, my Dad raised the ground squirrels/chipmunks) them, and kept both pets and meat animals of the rodentia. Rats make good pets, except that they don't live very long even with the best of care. And grown rabbits have teeth the size of wood chisels. And are not hesitant about biting. Ain't no fun when the teeth meet going through the web of your thumb.

(also kept a Sidewinder baby once upon a time...)

Bill

Bill in OKC

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfdog91 View Post
    And she just texted me this

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	received_825325575031318.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	26.5 KB 
ID:	283154
    They are so cute as babies. Unfortunately, they grow up. Some of them get really big. And they can be pretty mean when they're grown.

Boolit Master

My NaNa Dean woulda fed that possum corn for a few weeks and then invited him to be dinner !

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    I didn’t see any pictures of snakes or alligators. They often need to be rehabbed too.
    Good luck. It looks like you are really enjoying what you’re doing.

Banned

Not sure what everybody has against possums, coons are way nastier animals any day of the week.

Some frinds nearby had a mother and litter of foxes living under their shed. They set out a Havahart trap intending to relocate them, caught one of the babies and it was so cute, they couldn't do it. They let it out, put the trap away and enjoy watching them now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12