Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2Load DataLee PrecisionWideners
Repackbox

Thread: Cute Little Powder Measure (Pistol)

Cute Little Powder Measure (Pistol)

I'm wondering if anyone has seen one of these before, or knows anything about it. It says "Bullseye" on the end of the drum, and has a steel insert marked "3.5" in the cavity. I see many possibilities for making a very accurate thrower for pistol loading, and am scheming on how to make it adjustable for loads up to perhaps twenty grains or so.

I'm into it for five bucks, and just spent $12 to order a clear plastic tube for a hopper. Right now I can use it for the cavity size shown, or smaller. jd

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5284.jpeg 
Views:	32 
Size:	114.0 KB 
ID:	282937

Name:	IMG_5285.jpeg 
Views:	37 
Size:	77.7 KB 
ID:	282938

Name:	IMG_5286.jpeg 
Views:	36 
Size:	72.8 KB 
ID:	282939
    It seems that people who do almost nothing, often complain loudly when it's time to do it.

That hopper is probably for 3.5 gr of Bullseye.

Dont kill me for stating the obvious.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Joe504 View Post
    That hopper is probably for 3.5 gr of Bullseye.

Dont kill me for stating the obvious.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Although I haven't tried and proved your supposition, I believe that your reasoning may be sound. jd
    It seems that people who do almost nothing, often complain loudly when it's time to do it.

Banned
    It's a Lachmiller. It and a companion made for shot were used on their shotgun press. Herter's picked up the surplus from RCBS and sold them under their name.

Banned
    Bingo you have a winner

Boolit Grand Master
    There are so many great little pistol powder measures based on fixed charge rotors. This one looks like it will be a fine one if you have/can get whatever rotor(s) you need to load your intended cartridges. It’s a darn shame the rotors seem to all be proprietary and not interchange from one brand to another. I sat down and did a quick calculation of what I’ve spent on (but probably could get for) complete rotor sets for the Little Dandy from RCBS and the Accumeasure from Lyman as well as a selection for the Pacific/Bair design, and I was shocked and staggered by the total! :
    I’ve held out against the temptation to start another quest for this one or the Hornady unit. If any of you notice me beginning to weaken please stage an intervention. I beg of you!

Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

Quote Originally Posted by Pressman View Post
    It's a Lachmiller. It and a companion made for shot were used on their shotgun press. Herter's picked up the surplus from RCBS and sold them under their name.
    Thank you very much for the info. That is just what I was hoping for. jd

Boolit Master
    Send it too me.
    I’ll drill it out and tap it for you and make it adjustable.
    After I give it a good trial run I’ll send it back to you.

• 20 years maybe.

Boolit Master

That sure is cute! A member on this board sells an adjustable rotor for the RCBS Little Dandy. I bought one, just because. Should be easy to do or have done(no need to do without for 20 years).
    John
    W.TN

Banned

It looks brand new. Where did you find a replacement plastic tube for the hopper? Very nice find.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by alamogunr View Post
    That sure is cute! A member on this board sells an adjustable rotor for the RCBS Little Dandy. I bought one, just because. Should be easy to do or have done(no need to do without for 20 years).
    Would like to see a picture of the adjustable rotor.
    Spell check doesn't work in Chrome, so if something is spelled wrong, it's just a typo that I missed.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by ulav8r View Post
    Would like to see a picture of the adjustable rotor.
    My picture posting abilities suck! I think that the members name was Bailey Boat. I looked him up on this site and found that he has been inactive lately. You could try PM.

It was similar to the regular Little Dandy rotor except machined from stainless and the powder cavity was about ½" diameter and threaded internally. The plug was about ¼" thick, threaded to fit the cavity. There was a hex cavity formed in the plug. A 3" long piece of ¼" hex stock was furnished to make the adjustments. A spring fit in the threaded cavity to keep the plug from changing setting. That is a long explanation to describe a simple device.

I haven't used it enough to determine how it works when the plug is turned below the outer diameter of the body. I'm not sure I can recommend it for precision powder charges which is why I got it to begin with.
    John
    W.TN

Green frog, for the price of all those rotots you could buy a small bench top lathe and build your own.
    Bjuying the stainless or brass for the rotor blanks my be a bit costly but just how much would you need?
    I guess you could use nylon for the rotors. Should be strong enough. Easy to work too.
    Or just build one rotor with a very large hole, then build inserts for the smaller charges.
    Just thinking out luod on this.
    Leo

Boolit Grand Master
    3.5 grains of Bullseye? I bet the original owner shot a lot of .38 Specials.

Robert

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 44magLeo View Post
    Green frog, for the price of all those rotots you could buy a small bench top lathe and build your own.
    Bjuying the stainless or brass for the rotor blanks my be a bit costly but just how much would you need?
    I guess you could use nylon for the rotors. Should be strong enough. Easy to work too.
    Or just build one rotor with a very large hole, then build inserts for the smaller charges.
    Just thinking out luod on this.
    Leo
    Friend Leo, I've got the bench top lathe and most of a bench top horizontal mill. What I can't buy is the skill to do the work to make those very precisely fitted rotors. I've got one of the blank rotors that Bair/Pacific once supplied, and when I decide what charge deserves it, I'll "screw [my] courage to the sticking place" (with proper apologies to Lady MacBeth) I'll see whether I can indeed take advantage of all that time I hung out in the Machine Shop at School learning how to make scrap out of high quality raw material.

Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"