RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersInline Fabrication
Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionTitan Reloading
Reloading Everything Load Data

Thread: West Virginia as of July 1st no sales tax on firearms or ammo purchases

Moderator Emeritus

West Virginia as of July 1st no sales tax on firearms or ammo purchases

Love this state. As of July 1st, no sales tax on firearms or ammo purchases. My LGS is on the WV and VA border. He expects a nice increase in VA customers. This will make our LGS's more competitive with online suppliers. We will also be a 2nd Amendment sanctuary state around that same time as the legislation was already signed. Win/win legislation.
    Ron

Boolit Master
    That same day, it is legal in Tennessee for a non prohibited person to carry a concealed handgun.
    “Coincidence is God’s way of remaining anonymous.”

Wonderful!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MrWolf View Post
    Love this state. As of July 1st, no sales tax on firearms or ammo purchases. My LGS is on the WV and VA border. He expects a nice increase in VA customers. This will make our LGS's more competitive with online suppliers. We will also be a 2nd Amendment sanctuary state around that same time as the legislation was already signed. Win/win legislation.
    Ron
    Don't it feel good to have made one really good move. Pun intended.
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Moderator Emeritus

Montana has no sales tax. We make up for it in many other taxes. On line suppliers pass on the same sales tax, if it's zero that is what they should charge.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Mal Paso View Post
    Don't it feel good to have made one really good move. Pun intended.
    Hehe two actually. Met a phenomenal woman after the divorce who now lives with me. Pretty much heaven out here once I figure out how to put in a small lake in these mountains without paying a fortune.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by MrWolf View Post
    Hehe two actually. Met a phenomenal woman after the divorce who now lives with me. Pretty much heaven out here once I figure out how to put in a small lake in these mountains without paying a fortune.
    So you get an s-10 and fill the bed with tannerite and park it right where you want the lake....

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by bakerjw View Post
    That same day, it is legal in Tennessee for a non prohibited person to carry a concealed handgun.
    Congrats!

bakerjw - hmm I just might know where some black powder and cannon fuses are

I haven't paid sales tax on ammo in over a year, but only because I can't find any ammo to buy.

Boolit Master

In NH there has never been a sales tax on guns or ammo.

Open carry has always been legal.

Now Constitutional carry is observed, open or concealed.

Working to get rid of Fish & Game laws on constitutional carry on RV's and snowmobiles that should have been dumped when constitutional carry became legal.

Want to see F&G at its worst watch North Woods Law. I do not understand why the can make this show on taxpayer dollers.

Boolit Master
    Taxes = infringement !

Boolit Grand Master
    I wish good new laws would come here.
    All we get is kaka.
    Probably why many are leaving the state.
    Maybe someday.

We, here in WV, passed a slew of Pro 2A laws this session. Im glad I live here

Boolit Buddy
    Like NH, Alaska has no sales or income tax, and we also have constitutional carry. Most of the actual private land lies outside the boundaries of organized municipalities, in what is generally called "the unorganized borough" and is not assessed a property tax. The city I live in has a sales tax however, and a greedier bunch than this city government would be difficult to find. Government in the United States has badly deteriorated from what the founders designed and placed in the Constitution. In this current era government believes it exists to redistribute income, taking a material portion for itself in the bargain. In Alaska the federal government owns most of the land, and because of that ownership (I would estimate that 95 percent of all health) care is paid by government, and I would guess that over fifty percent of all food in Alaska is purchased by government (Alaska has almost no agriculture). Yes, the US Constitution specifically and clearly prohibits the federal government from owning land within a state. Because government is paying for it (mostly the US taxpayer) a medical procedure in Anchorage, Fairbanks or Juneau costs 70 percent more than the same procedure in Seattle according to published reports from insurance companies and others. Almost as clearly, the US Constitution prohibits housing troops within the United States except during a time of declared war. At the same time, the invasion of Taiwan and an almost certain war that would result will make me happy that Alaska has F-35s and anti-missile systems in place when everything folds in on itself. If your state has sales or income taxes, and especially if it has gun control there is plenty of room for you in Alaska; 730,000 people and over twice as big as TX.