WidenersLee PrecisionInline FabricationLoad Data
Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Repackbox Titan Reloading

Thread: WTB 100 PC'ed boolets for 300 BO

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance

WTB 100 PC'ed boolets for 300 BO

Hey all. I want to buy 100 heavy boolits for 300 BO, something 180-220 grains or so I think? No suppressor, maybe some day, but I figure it'll be fun to have some loads for it. Shortish pistol so the trajectory will be a bit mortar-like, but that'll be part of the fun No rush as no buffer/spring or dies yet, but that's coming fairly soon.

Boolit Buddy
    I’ve got the NOE 310-225 taco mold with a bunch cast and pced

Boolit Buddy
    I've got a bunch of noe 311-299 that I sized and PCed to .309. Cast out of lyman #2 with arsenic and water dropped, checked with sage's AL crimp on, hard. Nose is too large for anything I load except the krag and it likes .311. Too hard to nose size, and I would hate to melt them back down. If interested, i can get you a count and the actual nose size. Cast with the deep hollow point pins. Make me a fair offer and they are yours.
    Thanks,
    Ken

Lots of good options

Right now I found a potential issue, trying to figure out, in an 8.5" barreled upper, if I fire a heavy boolit will it stabilize? Dang insomnia has me messed up.

Seems smart to not get heavy boolits if they would keyhole, but heavy is good if they won't.

Checked and does look stable, 1.75 or so stability (want 1+) so that works. It'd be bad if a savage paper target was to attack me & I couldn't hit it accurately!

Boolit Master

What is the barrel? Rifling twist I mean. Length is Immaterial this caliber was designed around a 8.5" barrel. If a typical 1:7 bbl it will be just fine if you do see issue kick the load in the but with a lil More speed and usually it stabilizes. If still have issue, its more likely bullet not barrel.

My go to powder is aa1680 and somewhere from 10-11 is usually my sweet spot with tenths sometimes making big differences. Most folks tuning for subs start "high" dropping tenths till accu retains and vel drops to proper range.

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

cw - it's a PSA upper, 8.5" 1:8 twist, looks stable down to 150fps (!) so I think all's quite well I was expecting it to take a bit faster velocity than that. Like 800fps at least. New to this caliber.

Last time I was playing with heavyish slow cast it was with reduced loads in 30-06 & considerably longer barrels, small game loads. That was fun This should be fun too.

No can, at this point, maybe some day, budget allowing. I just want something new for fun, this should also do well at killing coyotes / racoons / whatever if needed.

Boolit Master

I just cast up some LEE 309-230 from a mold I modified to remove the boat tail & increase bearing surface. Shot them last week & I went from 5-6" groups with regular full sideways impacts. To under 2" all @ 50 yards with 100% round holes.

I also received samples from a buddy with a Arsenal 250g slick side mold in 30 cal.

I have twenty ea of both loaded to test. All with 1680 powder.

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw