Inline FabricationLoad DataTitan ReloadingSnyders Jerky
RepackboxWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Reloading Everything RotoMetals2

Thread: what accurate mold for 8mm

Boolit Mold

what accurate mold for 8mm

i am looking to buy an accurate mold for my commercial 8mm sporting rifle. it has a .323 bore i don't really care for GC so i want a plain base boolit. i am looking for accuracy first and killing a deer with it second. what molds have proven to be good in the accuracy department? it doesn't have to be an accurate mold, but at least you can order one of them now days, any suggestions are welcome,,,,,,,,,,,,

Boolit Master
    Are we talking 7.92 x 57? I’ll assume we are. I have a Zastava so chambered and will suggest you go with a gas check design and shoot it unchecked. This enables you to either use checks or paper patch the design if you choose to do so. I’m sure there are plain base designs that will work for deer and Accurate would be my choice for one of these.... but the velocity limitation with the plain base sorta constricts its usefulness. And this may not bother you in the least.
    Decreed by our Creator: The man who has been made able to believe and understand that Jesus Christ has been sent into this world by the Father has been born of the Spirit of God. This man shall never experience spiritual death. He will live forever!

I've used the Saeco 190gn GC mold for over 30 years. In my rifle the nose just rides the top of the lands and accuracy id very good!
    Hold Still Varmint; while I plugs Yer!

Boolit Buddy
    The Lee 175g RN works great in my Yugo 8mm. The Lee Karabiner does not - the front edge of the bullet catches in the chamber. That’s on the rifle, not the bullet/mold, though. The Karabiner is designed for the K98.

8mmFan

I've got a NOE 323-185 RF 2 cavity aluminum mold I could sell. I sold the rifle I was shooting these in...
    WWG1WGA