Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
Load DataRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
Wideners Inline Fabrication

Thread: For Thought and Meditation - Friday, May 14

For Thought and Meditation - Friday, May 14

Good morning all. This morning's message got to me. We can all try harder. Have a safe and blessed day.

Friday, May 14, 2021 - Pastor Greg Laurie
    The Best Recommendation

“Therefore, to him who knows to do good and does not do it, to him it is sin.”
    —James 4:17

I’m opinionated about everything. For instance, if you’re going to a restaurant that I’m familiar with, I’ll have an opinion about what you should order.

And if you’re like me, when you’re thinking about trying out a new restaurant, you’ll go online to see whether other people recommend it.

A recommendation carries weight, doesn’t it?

Now let’s take that idea and apply it to sharing the gospel. What if you were to say to someone, “Here’s the best thing you can do for life and eternity: believe in Jesus Christ”?

We’re willing to talk about our favorite restaurants, but are we willing to talk about Jesus?

To not share the gospel can be a sin because there are sins of commission and sins of omission. Sins of commission include breaking a commandment, crossing a line, or doing a wrong thing. On the other hand, sins of omission involve not doing the right thing.

The Bible says, “Therefore, to him who knows to do good and does not do it, to him it is sin” (James 4:17 NKJV).

So how could failing to share our faith ever be a sin?

To illustrate, imagine that you were in a house that catches fire. You rush out to save your own life, but you know there are other people inside, innocent people who can’t get out. But you don’t lift a finger to help them. You don’t even call the fire department. You just walk off and act as though it didn’t happen.

Is that wrong?

Yes, it is. That’s even a criminal act.

So how much worse is it for us to know the way to Heaven, to know the way for people to be forgiven of their sins and find meaning and purpose in their lives, but not tell them?

We need to share the good news of Jesus Christ.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Master

Amen, A hard hitter this morning to get us in gear!

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    AMEN ! AND AMEN ! When I read the verse of James I knew it would hit home ! We are to spread GOD's word ! Let me say that again ...WE are to spread his word ! We are given by him the great commission ! His second commandment ! He TELLS US to TELL , to SPREAD his word . To every nation .

Matthew 18-20

18 Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

If you think this is out of context ..then read Matthew for yourself ! Our Lord , Christ ' COMMANDED' . If your not calling his name , if your not following his call . If your waiting for 'someone else' to do it then you have failed him .
    No turning back , No turning back !