MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingRepackboxLoad Data
Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyReloading EverythingWideners
Lee Precision RotoMetals2

Thread: PPC Revolvers

PPC Revolvers

Awaiting shipment of a J Post Custom PPC built on a S&W Model 10. Anybody out there have a PPC revolver from the 70s/80s?
    Calling an illegal immigrant an "undocumented worker" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist."

Boolit Grand Master

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	586b.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	30.8 KB 
ID:	282894

My old S&W 586 with Wichita slab side.
    Old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway!

Men who don't understand women fall into two categories: bachelors and husbands!

I still have my 6" K-38 with Bomar rib and smooth as glass action. I haven't shot it in years, but it served me well in hundreds of PPC matches in the 70's.
    After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. - William S. Burroughs.

Had this 1 for decades, shot countless 1000's of rounds thru it. It still extremely tight/well balanced.

The turn line on that pistol is small and even.

Boolit Buddy
    No pics but mine is a Travis Strahan from the 80's. Double action only, fast twist barrel. Only gun I own I can hit 6 inch plates at 100 yds with wadcutters. Won a lot of dinners off my friends with that gun.
    Tony

Boolit Grand Master

I still have my Model 14 that I installed a Bo-mar rib on it. It was shot in a good many matches and did WELL!

https://hosting.photobucket.com/albu...lects-0258.jpg

Dale53

Those are all nice pistols. I'm really stoked about mine. I've cast up some 148gr WC boolits from a MiHec mold I've had for ages. Plan to use some HP-38 since that's what I've got around.
    Calling an illegal immigrant an "undocumented worker" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist."

Banned
    NO, but I really wish I had one. Just because.

Boolit Grand Master
    I had a Bill Davis Model 10, Bomar Rib and 6" 1-14 twist bull barrel. I put many many thousands of 38 WC rounds downrange with it, but I had to part with it when my youngest was born. Wish I still had it.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Boolit Master

There's a TK Custom 586 in my safe: DAO, slab-sided barrel, upgraded sights, satin glass-bead finish, the whole schmeal. Picked it up from Tom on a Thursday, put about 100 rounds downrange it to get a feel for it and fine-tune the sights on Friday afternoon, shot a 478/21X on Saturday morning. That was many, many years ago and I've no idea how many rounds have been through it since.

Bill
    "I'm not often right but I've never been wrong."

Jimmy Buffett
    "Scarlet Begonias"

Name:	Screenshot_20210508-195849__01.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	33.2 KB 
ID:	282918

Name:	Screenshot_20210508-195841__01.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	38.3 KB 
ID:	282919Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20210508-195836__01.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	34.9 KB 
ID:	282920Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20210508-195846__01.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	34.8 KB 
ID:	282921

Boolit Master
    Pardon the obvious "punnery", but that's one VERY slick (as in "cool") looking revolver!
    For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow. Ecclesiastes 1:18
    He that troubleth his own house shall inherit the wind: and the fool become servant to the wise of heart. Proverbs 11:29
    ...Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of my brethren, ye have done it unto me. Matthew 25:40

Carpe SCOTCH!

Quote Originally Posted by Kosh75287 View Post
    Pardon the obvious "punnery", but that's one VERY slick (as in "cool") looking revolver!
    Thanks. These screen shots don't do it justice. Once I get it, I'll post better pics.

I also had a Bill Davis PPC revolver built on a S&W model 19 with 6" bull barrel and Bomar rib. That gun took me from open class to distinguish master in the late 70's. Sold it it in the 80's to fund a out of state elk and deer hunt. I have regretted it every since.

Boolit Grand Master
    I bought Fred Schmidt’s demo piece from his estate. It was a full house short cylinder PPC conversion built on a Model 14 with slab sided heavy bull barrel (Douglas) an Aristocrat rib with 3 position front sight, and every other bell or whistle Fred did. I campaigned it for several years but sold it when I decided its historical value far exceeded my shooting ability. I went to observe a local Steel Challenge match today and my trigger finger itched for it again.

Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

Boolit Master
    No pictures of mine, but I have one built on a Model 10. Douglas 6" barrel slabsided with underlug, Wichita rib, and Davis grips. It was built by a guy that was local to me and he did a very good job. The revolver had no bad habits and wasn't terribly picky on what wadcutter load it shot. It's far enough back in that safe where I haven't laid eyes on it in years.

I always enjoyed shooting it. Then the autos came on scene. I'd love to have a PPC9 in 6" but that's another conversation!

Boolit Master

I have had a Bill Davis PPC revolver since the late 80's. Bought it used, it was built on a 4 screw S&W mod 14. I took it to Bill Davis at the time to have him look it over and he said this must have been a revolver he built on a customer's personal gun. He said he always used the fixed sight S&W for his builds because he couldn't stand ruining a perfectly good adjustable sighted revolver. He gave it a clean bill of health and I have shot that revolver with pleasure all these years.