Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationTitan Reloading
RepackboxReloading EverythingWidenersLoad Data
RotoMetals2

Thread: For Thought and Meditation - Wednesday, May, 12

For Thought and Meditation - Wednesday, May, 12

Good morning all Today's devotion is titled "Sacrificial Love". I think it would more appropriately be titled " Unconditional Love". Have a safe and blessed day.

Wednesday, May 12, 2021 - Pastor Greg Laurie
    Sacrificial Love

“This is a great mystery, but I speak concerning Christ and the church.”
    —Ephesians 5:32

Of all the pictures God could have chosen to show His love for the world, and of all of the pictures God could have chosen to show how much His church loves Him, He chose marriage.

How do we know this? Because God says to husbands, “Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself for her” (Ephesians 5:25 NKJV). And He says to wives, “Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord” (verse 22 NKJV).

Essentially the Lord is saying: “Hey, Planet Earth, do you want to know how much I love My people? Check out the way that Christian husband loves His wife. That’s what it’s like. And do you want to know how much My church loves Me? Look at the way that wife loves her husband. That’s how much my church loves Me.”

Our love for God is a response to God’s love for us. The Bible says, “We love Him because He first loved us” (1 John 4:19 NKJV).

Despite our sinfulness, wickedness, and shortcomings, despite all the horrible things we’ve done, God loves us. And His love wins us over.

In the New Testament story of the prodigal son, the father ran to his wayward child. And by the way, in that culture it was considered undignified for an older man to run. That’s not to mention the fact that it’s harder for an older man to run. (I know this from experience.)

Jesus told this story to show us what God is like. Effectively He was saying that God is like a father who’s willing to lose his dignity, if you will, to get to his wayward sons and daughters and forgive them.

It’s because He loves us. God loves us so much that He left his comfort zone to reach us.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Master

Amen and praise the Lord for His love and mercy upon me!

And his love is given to ALL. The dirtiest, rottenest, scoundrel among us receives God's love even though he doesn't deserve it.

If we can try in at least some small way, to love each other as God loves us, our world would be a happier place. jd
    It seems that people who do almost nothing, often complain loudly when it's time to do it.

USMC 77, USRA 79

love this!
    Any technology not understood, can seem like Magic!!!

I will love the Lord with all my heart, all my soul, and all my mind.

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Enjoyed the lesson today . It covers a lot of ground when and where you can apply it . Thank you Pine Baron ! But I think the lesson in unconditional love you shared with me about our families still tops anything else I have heard .
    No turning back , No turning back !