Snyders JerkyRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Load DataLee PrecisionReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
Titan Reloading RotoMetals2

Thread: Anyone seen these boolits?

Boolit Master

Anyone seen these boolits?

My dad gave me a Cimarron revolver in .45 Colt a few years ago, along with a box of 100 rounds of loaded ammo using 6.0 grains of Trail Boss and some 250 grain cast boolits he bought off of Midway. He gave me an extra box of the boolits and I just used the last of them.

They were unique in that they were 250 grain and had a diameter of .455. They were very accurate in every .45 Colt firearm I've shot them in.

Can't find them anywhere and no idea what they were...

Attachment 282844
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Boolit Master
    Check Tom’s site at Accurate Molds a d see if you can find a matching mold? If you find the matching profile he might indicate what mold he based it on.

Boolit Master
    It looks like the Ideal 454190, which copies the standard factory bullet in .45 Colt ammunition.

I’ve also found it very accurate, and ammo loaded with it really “looks right.”

Boolit Buddy
    Greetings,

They look like the Remington swaged 45 Colt bullet. I bought a bag a while back.

Cheers,

Dave

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by fc60 View Post
    Greetings,

They look like the Remington swaged 45 Colt bullet. I bought a bag a while back.

Cheers,

Dave
    It looks like a swaged boolit to me also ... I thought maybe Speer but can't find them in old reloading manuals ... Remington ... Bingo ! I bet those are the boolits Remington loaded in their 45 Colt loads and sold to Midway in bulk for them to sell . Midway did sell them , 250 gr. , .455 size , but this item has been discontinued from Midway . Searched Remington 250 gr. 45 Colt bullet and the top few places that popped up all listed them as "out of stock" do a search and see if your Goggle-Foo is better than mine ...Remington might still make them ... I dunno .
    One thing for sure ... it's NOT a cast boolit ... those are swaged and Remington mfg.
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Master

Hi,
    I've got some of those. I got mine from Buffalo Arms. Here's the link: https://www.buffaloarms.com/455-250-...-455250hb.html. ETA: I believe they are moly coated.
    Ed
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	455250HB.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	12.9 KB 
ID:	282858

Boolit Master

I bought a bag in a box of those ( 500ea.) from Midway for 49ish bucks about 10 years ago. Advertised cheap as they wee tumble lubed. Since they looked "dirty" to me I kind of put them back for years. Finally, a few years ago I acquired a Uberti El Patron short stroke mounted w/ 3 3/4" barrel and loaded some for it. They are very accurate and shoot to sights. Wish I had bought more. They are suppose to mimic original Colt boolits.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by RedlegEd View Post
    Hi,
    I've got some of those. I got mine from Buffalo Arms. Here's the link: https://www.buffaloarms.com/455-250-...-455250hb.html. ETA: I believe they are moly coated.
    Ed
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	455250HB.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	12.9 KB 
ID:	282858
    Perfect! Thank you! Hopefully they will be available again in the future.
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Boolit Buddy
    You have three numbers on that Midway box. I'd try googling Midway XXXXX. They may no longer sell that particular bullet, but information may be out there on what they are. Try it with each of the three numbers.