Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionReloading Everything
WidenersSnyders JerkyInline FabricationTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2 Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can you shoot 6.5 Creedmoor in a .308 rifle?

And you can fire 44-40 in a 45 Colt. How do I know? Why I did it myself just the other day. Several years ago I bought some ammo from a guy at a gun show that makes ammo for CAS shoots. It is all new components that are of very good quality.
    This was before I started reloading myself. We were talking about the loads which is a 250 gr lead boolit with 5 grs of Bullseye.
    And then we talked about me going with him on a hunt that he guides for a very reasonable price. I paid him and he handed me a bag of supposedly 50 45 colt bullets. When I got home I marked on the bag what they were with a sharpie.

Found the bag stashed the other day and since I was going to the range to try out the S&W 25-5 that I had just finished building from a parts lot, I thought I might as well shoot those.
    Shot a Cylinder full of them and they were grouping about 15 inches at 10 yards. It made me think that the 25-5 was not going to be very accurate.
    When I went to eject the cases from the cylinder they were really tight and hard to get out. After finally getting them out I inspected the cases and they were all bulged.
    Went to look at the primer then I saw that they were 44-40 cartridges and not 45 Colt.
    The guy at the gun show wasn't paying attention when he sold me what was supposedly 45 Colt cartridge's and I never looked at them after I marked what they were on the bag.
    The 25-5 shoots actual 45 Colt very well though.
    And it was a couple of good lessons for me too.
    Don't shoot other peoples reloads, and look at the head stamp on the cartridge before you shoot one off.
    Last edited by KMac; 06-05-2021 at 07:09 PM.
    " My people skills are just fine. It's my tolerance for idiots that needs work."

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Idaho45guy View Post
    Thanks for making Castboolits a better place with your kind words and positive interactions. Or not...
    Better than passing on condolences to the family...............
    The 45-70, the only Government I trust.
    The Gospel of speed is accuracy.

You can shoot 7.6 Creedmoor in a .308 though! I am only a redneck armchair critic but, it seems to me this is just another factual study in more confusion. I can only imagine that someone will be trying it in their 30-06.

Banned

I heard of an incident at a range I'm a member of where a guy chambered and fired a .308 in a .270, seems the difference in length allowed the bullet to jam in the throat and head space well enough to fire. Word I got was that the rifle (Remington 700) survived pretty well, broken extractor as I recall.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12