Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load DataInline FabricationSnyders JerkyLee Precision
Wideners Repackbox
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Better Take Out A Loan If You Need PT To Build A Deck

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by wv109323 View Post
    The price hike is due to supply and demand. There are so many mills shut down due to covid and the unemployment is paying more than a worker can earn working. Workers are riding the unemployment. At least that is what my local hardware store told me.
    I would believe that if I couldn’t find lumber. It’s available, just expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Plate plinker View Post
    There is ALOT wood pilled up. It’s speculation and ¿manipulation? Driving these prices. The backup team of inflation is also upon us.
    I saw a discussion on the high prices recently. The land owners are at historically low prices. The lumberjacks and sawmills say they aren’t getting any more than a couple of years ago. The public financial reports of stockholder held lumber companies showed that gross income and profits were up a few hundred percent for 2020 over 2019. Retailers are supposedly at their same margins but still making more because they’re paying more.
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Boolit Grand Master

Went by a chipboard mill today. They also mill out lumber. Yard full of logs, big yard of an international company, and there were log trucks lined up to get in as usual. The inflation is people to run the trucks and devaluation of the dollar I think coupled with the housing boom and the weekend carpenters that have been off work buying up stuff to fix the house. I can' think of another explanation
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123