Load DataRotoMetals2WidenersLee Precision
RepackboxReloading EverythingInline FabricationTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: m-1 garand clip loader

Boolit Master

m-1 garand clip loader

can anyone direct me to ACTUAL dimenions and diagrams to building a garand clip loader out of oak and metal (when needed). please nothing from "ray-vin" or something like that . all i have gotten is go here or go there. and nothing comes with actual diagrams and numbers

Boolit Master
    thanks for the try; but, i still can't see or cannot find a real blueprint with dimensions.

I want one

NRA LIFE Member

USPSA/IPSC

Say What? I thought a Garand clip loader was your thumb. I didn't know there was a gizmo to do it.
    Disclaimer: The above is not holy writ. It is just my opinion based on my experience and knowledge. Your mileage may vary.

Boolit Master
    I see dimensional drawings when I look at the ray-vin info.....
    http://www.foundry.ray-vin.com/ocl/base/base.htm

Watching his youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CLvnLgDOWs

A link in the comments leads to a site that does include the information.

I did not look at more than 3 of the parts...can't comment that all parts show dimension.

And I see a comment that these have mistakes.....
    Last edited by daengmei; 05-13-2021 at 05:31 PM.
    Most of the tanks are gone and the windows don't rattle anymore. I won't be able to sleep now.

Quote Originally Posted by Char-Gar View Post
    Say What? I thought a Garand clip loader was your thumb. I didn't know there was a gizmo to do it.
    Isn't that the truth. I've loaded hundreds (maybe thousands) of these clips by hand, and there really isn't much to it. I hold the clip at about 45 degrees and put 7 loose rounds in, then the last one between the clip's lips and roll it in with my thumb.

DG

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    It may help to have huge strong paws, if I had as bad of arthritis as one gal I know has, I doubt I'd find it easy to get the last round scooted in there!

Boolit Master
    its not that hard to load by hand. but i enjoy making stuff. if i can see one up close, i can make it.

Then just load 7. I've got bad arthritis and with the neuropathy some days my hand strength is like little kid. I've put quite a few clips through mine with only 7 rounds in them and they've worked fine. Never knew there was a tool either, don't figure I need it.

Make sure the last round is on the Right.
    Give the Eight Rounds a Twist, to make sure the tips are all even.

Loaded a lot of them, back in the day

Barman54
    Out

Boolit Master

Does it matter which side of the en block the first round feeds from. Right or left as you look at the front sight? Does that make sense?

I see my question was answered before I asked it... Thank you!
    Last edited by frkelly74; 05-27-2021 at 06:35 PM.
    Quis Quis Quis, Quis Liberat Canes

/////////BREAKING NEWS////////////
    Millions and millions of American shooters and sportsmen got up, went to work, contributed to society in useful and meaningful ways all over the nation and shot no one today! How do they controll themselves?? Experts Baffled....

I LIKE IKE

Boolit Master

I neither need or want a M1 clip loader. I have loaded at least a thousand clips in my day and I never had any trouble doing so. Hold the clip in your left hand with the rear of the empty clip toward your body, open end forward. . Start loading the clip with the first round on the bottom left hand side and the right top round will always be the 8th round. Just make sure each round is pushed all the way to the rear of the clip against the back of the clip. . The rim of the cartridge will be sitting into the groove on the rear of the clip, and the only round that will give you any pause may be the 8th round. But if you will start the 8th round by holding the rim of the cartridge against the right top corner of the clip and then push it into the clip, it will seat itself as it should. If not, a simple push on the shoulder of the neck to the rear and it will slip it right into place. I have never tried it any other way. That is the way I was taught by an old Marine gunny in the 50's and it has always worked for me. For me at least, a clip loader will not make it any more simple or easier. my experience anyway, james

Boolit Master
    sailorman: my last post stated that i just want to make one. because i like to make stuff. however it seems that there are no blueprints available other that "ray-vin"

Boolit Master

porthos, I stand corrected on my thinking and overlooking your last post. I was mistaken about your intentions and I fully understand wanting to make things. I have the attention span of a gnat sometimes. I have also made or modified things just to see if it will work or just to have something to work on. I have read and heard people complain that the M1 clip is hard to load and I just wanted to help a little. james

Boolit Master
    i have screwed stuff up trying to "make it better". but, sometimes i do make better.

Boolit Master

The fun is in the doing and its really nice when it works out. Sometimes I even make some improvement on something.