Titan ReloadingLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
Snyders JerkyInline FabricationRotoMetals2Wideners
Lee Precision Repackbox

Thread: For Thought and Meditation - Monday, May 10

For Thought and Meditation - Monday, May 10

Good morning all. May God bless you and protect you. Have a safe and blessed day.

Monday, May 10, 2021 - Pastor Greg Laurie
    Running on Empty?

“All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right.”
    —2 Timothy 3:16

If the Devil can undermine the family, he can undermine the nation. I could point to almost every societal problem today, from addiction to abortion to incarceration, and in almost every case, I could trace it directly to the breakdown of the family.

We need to understand that our culture isn’t supportive of marriage. In fact, the culture we’re in today is, in many ways, hostile toward it. The family is under attack, and for good reason: the family is the foundation of our country.

That’s why it’s so important for families to draw the line and say, “No matter what this culture does, we’re going to do what God tells us to do.”

Yet sadly, I think many Christian marriages today are running on empty. Couples aren’t taking advantage of all the resources and power God makes available to them for a blessed, happy, successful, and lasting marriage.

Sometimes we think that marriage has a life all its own. We see a couple and think, “Oh, they have a marriage made in Heaven, don’t they? Look at them.”

However, a successful marriage doesn’t happen by accident. Rather, it’s because two people have put a lot of effort into it and are applying biblical principles.

You determine whether your marriage is strong or weak. You determine whether your marriage is successful or failing.

If you want your marriage to stand the test of time, then you need to do what God says. That’s because a strong and happy marriage is a result of obedience to God and His Word.

I believe that every Christian couple can have a blessed marriage. God has told us how to do this. It’s all there in the Bible for us to apply.

If you stop waiting for your emotions and start doing what God tells you to do, you will see a difference in your marriage.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Master

It took us awhile to get on board with this ! Thanks for the reminder.

Boolit Master

Amen, A very good lesson!

My marriage has recently enjoyed that transformation. My wife and I have lived too many years with our faith on the back burner, and suffered the consequences.

Through the grace of God, and probably the prayers of a few good friends, I was led to a great church and back to my relationship with Jesus. After awhile, my wife joined me, and--- BINGO!! We now face this world together with more love and agreement, and our married life is much better for it. jd
    It seems that people who do almost nothing, often complain loudly when it's time to do it.

Boolit Grand Master
    Great post. Thanks.
    Don Verna

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    For us 'older' ones the new term is...grey divorce . It's just getting bigger with people turning from GOD to embrace the world . It's terrible the amount of couples with 30 or more years married getting a divorce .
    No turning back , No turning back !