Load DataWidenersRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
Inline FabricationLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Snyders Jerky Titan Reloading
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is this a normal thing here ?

Boolit Mold

Is this a normal thing here ?

I almost feel discriminated,done many transactions on a lot of forums which i can prove.
    I guess my 200.00 is not as good as everyone else's, when a something goes up for sale in MOST forums and the first ''take it" gets first dibs.

''Hi Dan,

I was noticing that you have no posts in the forums , other than the single post you made to my sales thread. I typically like to deal with people who have invested time in the community here and are known quantities . I think I am going to pass on your offer to purchase , I encourage you to spend some time here and get everyone its a great group of folks .

Thanks and take care
    Ryan''

Boolit Mold
    I received this first.
    Originally Posted by savagetactical - Today 01:56 PM

Hey Dan ,

I prefer PayPal Friends and Family with no mention of anything gun related obviously , and that gets the fastest shipping as well for you . I will take a USPS Money Order , but you do have to wait obviously until I receive it and cash it for me to ship.

Shipping on this will end up being $10 for priority mail .

So you are looking at $210 total . Let me know what works for you concerning payment.

Thanks
    Ryan

Boolit Master
    This will be a short lived thread but I will say this is not a selling forum. It is a community. Stay and join in or be mad and leave. I don't want you to leave, I'd rather you stay and learn and pass on your knowledge but many people are not willing to wait for money from someone they have never talked to before.

I've done it several times and have been burned many times. I can't afford to anymore.

Boolit Buddy
    I find it hard to be this way with newbies if they are the buyer. If they don't send funds. they don't get shipped the goods. Duh. I would however have issues dealing with a new member here as a buyer, regardless of his claims on other boards. Anyone can claim anything on the innawebs. Unless you know someone on this board who can verify your claims, you are just another newbie who has got to prove himself, just like everyone else on the board. My two pesos only.

I'd say that's an unfortunate introduction to this site, Dan. Please stick around and get to know this place and the folks who generally dwell here. I can't speak for the other member's reasoning.....and won't judge, that's not my place. I will say I was new here once and I'm still here.....actually the only gun related forum I'm routinely active on. This IS a good community of folks. Stick around...
    "Do not follow where the path might lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" Ralph Waldo Emerson

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by la5676 View Post
    I find it hard to be this way with newbies if they are the buyer. If they don't send funds. they don't get shipped the goods. Duh. I would however have issues dealing with a new member here as a buyer, regardless of his claims on other boards. Anyone can claim anything on the innawebs. Unless you know someone on this board who can verify your claims, you are just another newbie who has got to prove himself, just like everyone else on the board. My two pesos only.
    Why have an issue ? you just said it, "If they don't send funds. they don't get shipped the goods" your words.

Well I can only speak to my own personal experience.

I was here for almost 6 months and had over 500 posts before I decided this was mostly a safe place to do business and bought something. And that was only some 60+ lbs of lead for 70$ shipping included. So never got the response you got.

I would venture to say over 95 % of the people here have never gotten your response. Those that do either learn to grow a little hide, get involved in the community, or are soon no longer here.

Choice is yours. Its your time, you get to choose where to spend it.

Me I'll take this place over anywhere else on the net that I have found in 20+ years. Your mileage may vary.
    I truly believe we need to get back to basics.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.
    Get back to thinking like our forefathers thought.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!

Boolit Master

I would have to agree with other posters. This is a great forum and I am on here at least once a day looking over stuff that’s going on, learning, and teaching.

There’s a reason so many people are committed like this, we are a community of casters and shooters who want to help each other. There is a reason we require posters to have so many posts before they’re allowed to sell/trade on here, it’s to make sure their in it for the community. If we didn’t than we would just be another eBay and all the great deals we have to offer would be sniped and sold elsewhere for profit.

Can’t say I agree/disagree with the other members’ reaction to refuse sale but I encourage you to look at it from that perspective. If you had invested time in participating in a community you would want to see that continue and good deals stay with contributing members too. We are a phenomenal resource for all sorts of things. Please contribute and become an active member, than you will benefit more from the site than just “lurking” (as some have been known to call it) not just in knowledge but also in trust and ability.

I’ve been an active member for years and have made great friends through this site and we all help each other and offer deals better than what one would find on the market cause we generally want to help our compatriots. Please join us in that endeavor.

Boolit Mold
    He agreed to sell, then hours later says no. So i guess i am the only one who thinks that is not right.

Quote Originally Posted by SAINTDANIEL View Post
    Why have an issue ? you just said it, "If they don't send funds. they don't get shipped the goods" your words.
    I think what la5676 was trying to say that if he were the buyer he would be concerned about a new seller with a low post count, as we all are. Unfortunate reality of the digital age we're living in. He was not judging you.... Just saying that if you were the seller instead of the buyer he might have had the same concerns...

Please stick around and give this place a second chance for a first impression!
    "Do not follow where the path might lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" Ralph Waldo Emerson

I think it will be just about impossible for most people to be objective on this. As a buyer, its kinda hard to see this and think its fair.

But....

Much of the stuff that goes up for sale here is sold below market price, well below sometimes. Often that is because sellers see this as a way to pay back into the community for the knowledge gained and shared here.

CB is pretty unusual. People here really do look out for each other.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Boolit Bub
    yeah...actually I can see it.
    I got primers off a guy on another site back when zero was in the white house. He sold them to me at retail.
    But like now they were 5 to 10 times retail on gunbroker.
    I could have been a gouger pretending to be a reloader...I was new to that forum too.
    If it were me Id only sell my stuff to established members just to know for sure they werent the gougers I hate so much that would just list it on GB to make a buck

Boolit Master

airing dirty laundry in public is not acceptable. sorry to be blunt but you should have taken this up with a moderator and not posted on an open forum, especially since you are so new.
    if you are ever being chased by a taxidermist, don't play dead

Boolit Bub
    see my previous post.
    You and I are both new here. They dont know us from Adam.
    As far as anyone here is concerned both you and I could be pretending to be reloaders...or gun nuts in the first place...and just combing the forum for deals to resell on gunbroker at 10 times retail.
    Id personally not sell to either one of us if it were me ....if I were an established member here.
    But that might just be me.

Boolit Master
    Close to da Creaux,Hang'n out in Swamp's and Bayou's
    I almost feel discriminated,done many transactions on a lot of forums which i can prove.
    I guess my 200.00 is not as good as everyone else's, when a something goes up for sale in MOST forums and the first ''take it" gets first dibs.

''Hi Dan,

I was noticing that you have no posts in the forums , other than the single post you made to my sales thread. I typically like to deal with people who have invested time in the community here and are known quantities . I think I am going to pass on your offer to purchase , I encourage you to spend some time here and get everyone its a great group of folks .

Thanks and take care
    Ryan''
    So? You're not established on here and I'm not either after several years, But I can point out I have a documented I Trader rating of 100% on other forums.
    Does that mean I will get the goods before I pay up?
    Nope, You look at the sellers rating on here, Send the check and most will inform you with tracking by PM.
    It's only good business on their end.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe504 View Post
    I think it will be just about impossible for most people to be objective on this. As a buyer, its kinda hard to see this and think its fair.

But....

Much of the stuff that goes up for sale here is sold below market price, well below sometimes. Often that is because sellers see this as a way to pay back into the community for the knowledge gained and shared here.

CB is pretty unusual. People here really do look out for each other.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    I agree Joe, completely. This place is an amazing group of folks...generous with knowledge, generous with the things we all need to feed our hobbies (addictions), BUT...if we don't let the 'newbs' get their feet wet through a simple offer to buy, then what's the future look like? I was not a boolit caster when I first found this site.... I was, much like the OP, looking for certain items and a google search landed me here. I found great deals..... I found great knowledge.... And I found a new hobby I didn't know I was ever looking for. And I found a mountain of friends I never knew I had.

OP.... Introduce yourself! This place might just be more than a place you found on the internet to get a good deal! And everyone else....give him a chance!!!

Boolit Master

For every great place to get deals there is a price of admission. Warehouse clubs have their membership fees, Amazon has the prime fee, black market you have to know a guy, wholesale clubs have to give your tax ID and report your transactions.

Here some require you participate before your allows to reap some of the benefits like selling/trading. Price of admission to the community. 30+ posts is pretty cheap admission fee by comparison to thinking that last time I bought lead on the forum I was paying $1/pound shipped and at the time best price on feeBay had it at $3.99/pound plus shipping.

I know it sucks for this particular transaction but based on that you joined us 12 hours ago and already have 4 posts including a thread you started, if you stick around you’ll be part of the gang in no time.

There is no 30 post requirement, nor any other requirement to be a buyer, as the OP intended to be. As to the seller, that's his business, and I won't question his response, other than to say that if he had a 'membership' requirement to buy, he probably should have stated that up front.

This is not helping us build our community.....

I'm taking my moderator hat off here and offering this following as a fellow member. As many have posted we are a community that helps each other sometimes to our detrement, but as adults we accept that. The S&S rules explains what has happened here. The seller decided after reviewing your offer to buy that he did not want to sell the item to the purchaser and according to the S&S rules he has that right.
    I’ll take it" - There is no "I’ll take it" rule. It is at the sellers discretion whom they sell to.
    DO NOT report a post because you didn't win the item. This will result in a infraction being issued to you.
    SaintDanial this is not to suggest you deserve an infraction, it is just to show you that the seller makes the final choice. I've been in your shoes and trust me it sucks. Stick it out do a little reseach, read the rules, add your knowledge and the members here will get to know you. Many will still sell you stuff even if you don't do this but that is their choice and your loss.

Welcome to cast boolits and we do hope you hang around and find this is truly a great forum and a vast knowledge base from which you can learn.
    Steve,

Life Member NRA
    Colorado Rifle Club member
    Rocky Mtn Gun Owners member
    NAGR member

Boolit Master
    I'm not a moderator, I'm not an owner of this group, but I do try to pay attention to the rules here. One of the rules for Swapping and Selling is:

"I’ll take it" - There is no "I’ll take it" rule. It is at the sellers discretion whom they sell to.
    DO NOT report a post because you didn't win the item. This will result in a infraction being issued to you.

I've been a member for a while, but I've only been active here for about a year. I've got over 700 posts, too. Most of them aren't substantive. You joined this month, and have 4 posts. If you're here strictly to buy and sell, I don't see that as being within the intent of this group. You might want to look around and see if there are other things going on here that you could be interested in. Get to know more of the members, and participate in some of the conversations. Even if they don't get you closer to being able to post stuff for sale. If you want to have friends here, you need to act like a friend.

Bill

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast