Titan ReloadingRepackboxADvertise hereMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee PrecisionReloading UKRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: what do you use for case annealing?

Boolit Buddy

Giraud is what I use and I haven’t had any issues with it at all. Works great.

Boolit Man

Quote Originally Posted by TNsailorman View Post
    I tried emailing Annealeez on 3 occasions about 2 weeks between each and got no answer to a simple question. They either don't want or need my business as I told them I wanted to buy their machine but need info first. I am moving on.
    I just ordered an Annealeez and received an email from the owner telling me my product just shipped. He did say that he is getting over a thousand emails a day and it almost sounded like he is building them by himself so it is either get on his email or build product for customers.

My order shipped in three weeks for those who are curious.

Update: After using the Annealeez a few times. I am very happy with it. You cant go wrong. Just make sure your propane hose is tight after you adjust the torch nozzle or you will get a pretty blue flame in places it shouldn't be.
    Last edited by Bloodhound689; 06-09-2021 at 07:03 AM.

I use a sheet pan with about 1 inch of water, stand my brass in it, light the propane torch, turn the lights out, get the neck and shoulder area pink in the dark and tip them over. I just started reloading cats yesterday, 59 years ago. This method is what I use in making my match brass.
    “There is a remedy for all things, save death.“
    Cervantes

“Never give up, never quit.”
    Robert Rogers
    Roger’s Rangers

my method is to heat the until cherry red & throw the case into a bucket of water. no problems but do not over heat

Quote Originally Posted by TNsailorman View Post
    I tried emailing Annealeez on 3 occasions about 2 weeks between each and got no answer to a simple question. They either don't want or need my business as I told them I wanted to buy their machine but need info first. I am moving on.
    Another vote for Annealeez here. I think he's a one man business and up to his neck with orders. I finally got my machine a couple months ago, and I love it. Works great. Well worth the extra cheese!
    What could possibly go wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by 444ttd View Post
    i use my old bernzomatic propane torch and a tupperware bowl of H2O. i use my fingers to rotate case on the torch and i haven't burned them yet!!!! when i'm done with annealing(3 - 6 seconds), the case goes into the tupperware bowl and there is hiss, then the next case. i've been doing annealing for about ten years now. i've seen that many people have constructed some form or another, of case annealer. i know(a little bit) of a salt bath, i was going to purchase it but something was more needed.

what do you use?
    Basically the same as you, but I use a socket set deep-well socket and extension, to hold the case.
    Sometimes I hookup a drill to spin it.

Quote Originally Posted by Win94ae View Post
    Basically the same as you, but I use a socket set deep-well socket and extension, to hold the case.
    Sometimes I hookup a drill to spin it.
    whoa there!!!!!!!! you're getting fancy!!!!!
    The strength of a wall is neither greater nor less than the courage of the men who defend it.
    Genghis Khan

MOLON LABE

A candle. Hold neck shoulder low in flame. Sponge is wet with water. Rotate 180 degrees till the water sizzles. Done.

The neck will be annealed & lower case body will be stress relieved.
    Less chance of a case head separation.

Then use a bushing die to stop over working the necks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200124_194833.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	39.6 KB 
ID:	284296  
    Last edited by 243winxb; 06-10-2021 at 05:37 PM.

Boolit Master

I use the cordless drill, short extension, cheap socket and burnzamatic torch. About 5-6 seconds and drop in a pan of water. Works out beautifully.
    This is not the end. This not even the beginning of the end. But it is perhaps the end of the beginning! Winston Churchill, Nov. 1942

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12