MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingLoad DataInline Fabrication
Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2Wideners
Titan Reloading Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: m1 carbines at midway usa

Boolit Master

I remember when the CMP got a bunch of carbines a few years back (ten or twelve years ago?) I thought about buying one, but already had one, and couldn't see spending $475 for another one. After all, they were cheap and plentiful, and a bit looked down upon back when I first got into guns.

I signed up to be notified about these from Midway, but I fully expect that they'll go for a lot more than I'm willing to spend.

Boolit Master
    I bought a new one thru the DCM back in 1961 0r '62 for 19.50. It was made by GM. Sadly I no longer have it.
    A GUN THAT'S COCKED AND UNLOADED AIN'T GOOD FOR NUTHIN'........... ROOSTER COGBURN

Boolit Master
    Close to da Creaux,Hang'n out in Swamp's and Bayou's

Quote Originally Posted by Gator 45/70 View Post
    Truth! I was kind of excited to see that Midway was getting some in but at $1,200 for the cheapest one I believe I'll just shoot my Universal thirty carbine when I get the urge to shoot a squirt gun. Gp

Boolit Master
    Well, that's even higher than I thought they would be. I won't be getting one at that price.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by rbuck351 View Post
    Well, that's even higher than I thought they would be. I won't be getting one at that price.
    It is definitely the 'ouch' price. An M1 carbine is on my short list...sorely tempted.
    “I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them." the duke

Boolit Master

Midway's site crashed just now...i guess there was enough interest...
    “I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them." the duke

Boolit Buddy
    Got my order through, the site was crawling.

Actually I expected the better quality guns to be near2k$.

There are some lower cost options. Tempting. But I don't like that about no returns.
    I truly believe we need to get back to basics.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.
    Get back to thinking like our forefathers thought.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by gpidaho View Post
    Truth! I was kind of excited to see that Midway was getting some in but at $1,200 for the cheapest one I believe I'll just shoot my Universal thirty carbine when I get the urge to shoot a squirt gun. Gp
    I dearly wanted a real M1 years ago when they were about $900. Found a like new Universal for $350 and that cured my itch as well. I know...it has no "history" or pizzazz, but it does everything the real one does at a fraction of the price. That $900 M1 might be worth $1200-1300 now, but the Universals are selling for $700-800.

Been thinking of selling it as I really have no use for it. They are a fun gun but not cheap to shoot anymore.
    Don Verna

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Multra View Post
    Got my order through, the site was crawling.
    I bought a 'good to very good' winchester without lug (lugs were gone). Feel weak, but was a hole in my collection...lol. Oh well, it's over now... Only thing left is to sneak it into the house.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevinakaq View Post
    I bought a 'good to very good' winchester without lug (lugs were gone). Feel weak, but was a hole in my collection...lol. Oh well, it's over now... Only thing left is to sneak it into the house.
    I just got a 'fair to good' inland, it's going to be a host gun so I'm not too worried about the wood since it will be replaced.

USMC 77, USRA 79

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinakaq View Post
    dont you have a back door Kevin???? just wait till the wife is in the Bath and wala... its been there all the time...

This bit of advice is brought to you by... The voice of experience.
    Any technology not understood, can seem like Magic!!!

I will love the Lord with all my heart, all my soul, and all my mind.

Boolit Master

I do have a backdoor, but also have a security cam there that alerts...haha! She sleeps late so i can just leave in the jeep till then...

Quote Originally Posted by Markopolo View Post
    dont you have a back door Kevin???? just wait till the wife is in the Bath and wala... its been there all the time...

This bit of advice is brought to you by... The voice of experience.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12