Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2Load DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
WidenersInline FabricationRepackboxLee Precision
Titan Reloading
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Which Least Expensive Bench Lathe ??

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 8shot View Post
    Would be interested in a mini lathe like this unit, they come in 750 and 850 watt...the feature I like is the 38mm (1-1/2") spindle bore...really handy for working on 1+" barrel stock.

As mentioned in an earlier post...not to sure if this ebay seller would be a credible "warranty tool seller" specifically machine tools ...check out the sellers "other items/tools" for sale

https://www.ebay.com/itm/26446711563...Cclp%3A2334524
    I hope I'm never desperate enough to buy some of his "products." My understanding of the old 8" Chinese mini-lathes was that they were not as good as the 7" mini-lathes, or the 9" mini-lathes. Too tall, not wide enough to be stable. Fit and finish were not as good, either, but that was over a decade ago. Maybe they've fixed those problems. I have enough lathes now that I'm not going to buy one and see. If anyone does buy one, I'd like to hear about it!

Bill

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drm50 View Post
    I could kick myself for not buying a German jewelers lathe at auction. It was so small it was in wooden case with carrying handle. Had lots of stuff in drawers. It ended up going for $80. I knew nothing about them at the time. I think it was 220volt, which is not uncommon in parts of Europe.
    That’s why it went so cheap. It still only under 15amp.
    I have 3 of those jeweler's lathes (one fits neatly in a box! And I DID buy it for $80 several years ago at a clock convention) that I use for tiny clock parts.......when needed. They are really made for fine tiny watch work. I have a compound rest that fits all of them. But none have power feed!!!!! Most times I do everything on the mid-lathes and the big South Bend tool room lathe I have. I do not see much use in the firearms venue for a jeweler's lathe.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234