RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingWidenersLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingLoad DataRepackbox
Snyders Jerky Inline Fabrication

Thread: New? Boolit mould company

Boolit Bub

New? Boolit mould company

Just curious if anyone has used/purchased from this company. Accuratemolds.com The site certainly looks legit and being on the hunt for some new moulds/molds they were lurking in the dark when it came to searches. They don't make hp but damn near anything you could think of. Even of your own design. Any information or purchase experience you can pass forward would be appreciated.
    This Doesn't Suck!

Boolit Master
    There are plenty of threads on this site about molds.Accurate molds are top notch.Do your seaching here on this site and you will see many people love them

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Pb&j View Post
    Just curious if anyone has used/purchased from this company. Accuratemolds.com The site certainly looks legit and being on the hunt for some new moulds/molds they were lurking in the dark when it came to searches. They don't make hp but damn near anything you could think of. Even of your own design. Any information or purchase experience you can pass forward would be appreciated.
    Accurate Molds is good to go, I hate to guess how many of Tom's molds I have, in fact I just got my latest last week.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	v5SEA0j.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	34.4 KB 
ID:	282660

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    Accurate Molds .. quality, service, availability, most mold inventory on the Internet, cost ,... what else do you want to know
    Regards
    John

Boolit Bub
    I did a search from this site but nothing came up on my end but a lot of random stuff. Thanks for the feedback. Looked like quite a nice business as even his FAQ were very clear and concise.
    This Doesn't Suck!

Boolit Master
    I have several Accurate molds. They are top notch. You can even specify your "as cast" diameter and also design your own mold. Fast service and a quality product.

Boolit Master
    I have been very impressed with the quality of the Accurate molds I ordered, the fact that they are cut to order, including dimensional alterations depending on the alloy to be used or other changes requested. Great customer service: Tom sent me replacement hardware for my two molds at no cost to me.

What's not to like?

Boolit Master
    You Sir have just found the Candy Store. Of custom mold makers, I'd say Tom is one always mentioned. To say he cuts a fine mold would be an understatement.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by DHDeal View Post
    You Sir have just found the Candy Store..
    That is exactly what I thought and then got scared I'd be horribly let down. Digging around his site all I could think is it's too good to be true. But alas, happy times ahead. His pricing seems damn fair as well. I might be in trouble. Thank goodness for a wonderful wife.
    This Doesn't Suck!

Boolit Master
    In my experience, it's not too good to be true, its just true.

I forgot I had one brass Accurate mold for a BPCR in 40 caliber, but all of my other's are aluminum. They cast as perfect of a bullet as I'm able and they drop bullets fast. All but the one brass mold are 4 cavity.

Tom's molds are fine things and should last indefinitely. A few of mine have cast many thousands of bullets and look barely used. I'll admit to taking extra care with them usually, but I do cast fast and hot.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    There are plenty of threads on this site about molds.Accurate molds are top notch.Do your seaching here on this site and you will see many people love them
    huh...I have an order in for a MartysArms mold and one from Ballmoulds.com....i might put one in for accurate too.
    Cant have too many molds, lol

Boolit Grand Master
    New? If you'd bought a car when Tom started Accurate, you'd have already traded it in. He's been making molds for a decade at least.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Boolit Bub
    You guys put my mind at ease.

I placed an order for Arsenal's .358" 170 gr. "Keith" brass mold in March. It's my first Arsenal. I should be hearing something from them this week or next. That will make about 8 weeks. But I knew that going in.

Boolit Buddy

Somewhere between the Red and the Rio Grande
    Have purchased several molds from accurate molds . Very good molds and easy to deal with.
    Keep your powder dry and watch your six !!

Make a order and watch the mail box because what you order will show up! Last I heard 7-10 weeks but it will be just as you ordered!

Moderator Emeritus

New? I guess that depends on what you consider to be new?
    When I started casting 11 years ago, I started looking around for a 41 cal WC mold...talk about a rare thing.
    I think it was in 2011 when I learned of Tom at Accurate, I had him cut a 3 cavity brass mold, 196gr WC at .411
    When I got it, it was truly a work of art. Also, it arrived so quickly for custom machining (like 4 or 5 business days), I wondered if he had any other business? Honestly, I am glad he has a 7 to 10 week back log...that's just good for his bottom line.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Buddy
    I like accurate molds because they are one of the few willing to cut a mold from iron blocks. I hate aluminum.

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    Pb&j ... I take it you don’t own any molds and are looking to buy your first one ...
    What caliber and weight do you want to buy?
    Regards
    John

Boolit Bub
    You mentioned Arsenal. Not the same company as Accurate, but still very fine molds. Loving their 476-415swc.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by clintsfolly View Post
    Make a order and watch the mail box because what you order will show up! Last I heard 7-10 weeks but it will be just as you ordered!
    From the time I placed my order at the end of March, until delivery, it took 9 weeks. I think it was well worth the wait.