RotoMetals2WidenersLoad DataTitan Reloading
Reloading EverythingInline FabricationSnyders JerkyRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters Supply Lee Precision
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Finally figured out why I wasnt hitting anything with beretta pintal

I may be in the minority here but, I don't pay much if any attention to my shotguns front bead when shooting clays. I try to mount the gun, cheek and shoulder, the same each shot and keep my eye on the clay. My favorite wing shooting quote is "You don't use the hood ornament of your truck to aim when you're merging on to the freeway." Gp

Boolit Buddy
    I went to the Spirit Halloween store last year and bought fluorescent orange nail polish to paint sights with. This morning the Eye Dr. told me my eyes were in pretty good shape for a mid-fifty year old. Then he gave me my prescription lol.
    Cargo

Quote Originally Posted by gpidaho View Post
    I may be in the minority here but, I don't pay much if any attention to my shotguns front bead when shooting clays. I try to mount the gun, cheek and shoulder, the same each shot and keep my eye on the clay. My favorite wing shooting quote is "You don't use the hood ornament of your truck to aim when you're merging on to the freeway." Gp
    Exactly.

When wing-shooting, once you start to focus on the front sight you tend to aim instead of just pointing, and the swing stops.
    Cap'n Morgan

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cargo View Post
    I went to the Spirit Halloween store last year and bought fluorescent orange nail polish to paint sights with. This morning the Eye Dr. told me my eyes were in pretty good shape for a mid-fifty year old. Then he gave me my prescription lol.

I had Lazek surgery done on both eyes a few years ago... before then I was legally blind. Now I can see leaves on a tree a mile away but now up close to the first 2 feet is fuzzy.

Heck, leave the tape on. That's quite a contrast! LOL Gp
    I was watching the Men Skeet Team Final from Lotano, Italy, the other day. Denmark vs. Italy. Four of the six finalists had about 3" of white tape wrapped around the muzzle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEiX...portFederation
    Cap'n Morgan

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cap'n Morgan View Post
    I was watching the Men Skeet Team Final from Lotano, Italy, the other day. Denmark vs. Italy. Four of the six finalists had about 3" of white tape wrapped around the muzzle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEiX...portFederation

Makes sense once i looked down my barrel with the green tape on and pink bead before I changed the colors. It makes it clear a day with the color contrast.

"You don't use the hood ornament of your truck to aim when you're merging on to the freeway." Gp
    Yes I do!!!

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Boolit Master
    Another way to fix a shotgun that shoots too low is to bend the barrel. Years ago my father had maybe a Remington 11-48 that didn't shoot where it was aimed. Factory Rep that he met at and event of some sort said bend the barrel SLIGHTLY. Rep said put barrel over a fender (cars had fenders then) or a log and apply a small amount of pressure. Shoot to see if that fixed it, if not do again until fixed. secret being very slight bend to fix. Took two or three attempts to fix my father's gun. I have never had that problem and other than the 50 Chevy I started driving in the 60's I have never had a vehicle with fenders.

Boolit Buddy
    Tripplebeards... I see you get your money's worth out of your targets...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12