RepackboxTitan ReloadingWidenersInline Fabrication
Load DataSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
RotoMetals2 Lee Precision
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: South Florida: What to do???

Boolit Buddy

South Florida: What to do???

Evening everybody:

Im currently in Naples Florida visiting family, working on getting a contract in Miami (Nursing)......where to go, what to do? where are the gun shops??? old country stores?? Flea markets that all of us are into ??? would like to find a land hunting lease to harvest a few wild hogs from each month, but dont really know where to start looking. It feels kinda weird cold knocking a farmers door.....It be another adventure to hunt a few Iguannas, maybe even catch a snook. Any and all info is appreciated....

Mods ...not sure where to put this....please move if need be ..............Regards

Boolit Master
    You can always walk the beach, an early riser picked up 65lbs of cocaine that way a couple weeks ago.

I’d love to airgun hunt some iguana.

Boolit Master

Finding a hunting lease may prove difficult. You hear about the hog problem we have, which is indeed a big problem but farmers and ranchers are hesitant to let people on their property. For fishing, since you are in Naples I would try to find a guide out of Everglades City or Chokoloskee for a half day or day trip.

Boolit Master
    I'm not in Florida,, but I used to spend a lot of time visiting south Fl. I found that things were much better just a bit north of Miami. Pompano was my main destination as it always seemed to have the diving, fishing, & stores I preferred. As for hunting,, I've found Central Florida was better,,especially on the western side.

Go get a cheap rod and reel combo a few hooks and some bait! pretty good fishing in that area
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

Boolit Master
    Close to da Creaux,Hang'n out in Swamp's and Bayou's
    Quote Originally Posted by beechbum444 View Post
    Evening everybody:

Im currently in Naples Florida visiting family, working on getting a contract in Miami (Nursing)......where to go, what to do? where are the gun shops??? old country stores?? Flea markets that all of us are into ??? would like to find a land hunting lease to harvest a few wild hogs from each month, but dont really know where to start looking. It feels kinda weird cold knocking a farmers door.....It be another adventure to hunt a few Iguannas, maybe even catch a snook. Any and all info is appreciated....

Mods ...not sure where to put this....please move if need be ..............Regards
    Hey keep us posted, The wife (RN) was looking at openings down around Vero beach. Thanks

Boolit Buddy
    Its beautiful down here , I know hoe cousin Eddie felt when he parked in front of Clarke's house , I parked my Ford f250 with kayak strapped to it in front of his house . The HOAs don't allow trash cans to sit out over night .......

don't know if you're a fan of really good, authentic mexican food or not, but if so....worth a drive over to immokalee. there is a tortilleria there that makes the best al pastor i've ever had. La Rancherita I believe is the name....
    "Do not follow where the path might lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" Ralph Waldo Emerson

Boolit Man
    I grew up in north Miami and visited frequently up until the last few years.

Here’s a flea market for you to check out.

https://www.floridaswapshop.com/

There is tons of stuff there but the inside stuff is your typical full time cheap junk stores. But the cars are awesome.

Gun stores - there is quite a few on biscanyne blvd (A1A) that’s between downtown and north Miami @ me 123rd st? Can’t recommend anything as I’ve never been in them.

Vendor Sponsor

Foodies don't normally associate South Florida with Mexican as much as they do Cuban cuisine. I love it myself, I go to Florida I leave the Gringo food at the Georgia line and I go for the Cuban coffee and authentic Cuban food and especially the bakeries.

Homestead is the last stop on the mainland if you take a trip to the keys, there is Mario's there, highly recommended, they got the real deal Cuban omelette and Cuban coffee, breakfast that lifts you with a jolt of caffeine and sends you down highway 1 to Key West with a great attitude for the trip.
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Boolit Master

Depends on which coast you are on. Way more Mexican cuisine on the west coast.

Boolit Man
    Genuine Cuban food.. delicious!

The keys are awesome to visit. Amazingly laid back. It’s like it’s not even part of Florida.

Boolit Master

Keys are as gone rabid says, except Key West which is a certified freak show. Not the place to take kids.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    I used to really enjoy snorkeling the Keys.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Master
    Hi Gator45-70.Vero Beach is my home town.Used to be really nice.Don`t know about now though.Have`nt been there since 1995.
    Check out www.myflorida.com and look for the Vero Beach site.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo
    People never lie so much as after a hunt,during a war,or before an election.
    Otto von Bismarck

Boolit Master
    Close to da Creaux,Hang'n out in Swamp's and Bayou's
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbutcher View Post
    Hi Gator45-70.Vero Beach is my home town.Used to be really nice.Don`t know about now though.Have`nt been there since 1995.
    Check out www.myflorida.com and look for the Vero Beach site.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo
    Thanks ! Will do

Boolit Master

The upper and middle keys are still nice for fishing and such. As stated before Key West is a freak show. I 've been there many times with a bunch of biker friends just to party. Not the place to take the kiddies unless you want to educate them in what you should not do.

Boolit Master

If you are still in Naples, Fort Myers and Punta Gorda are nice towns and not near as expensive as Naples. The Ford, Edison Winter Estate is in Fort Myers.

Boolit Buddy

SEFL - land of sunshine, liquid and otherwise...
    OP, shoot me a PM, and we'll exchange email addresses. I live in Miramar, Broward County, just over the Miami-Dade line. Work in Doral. Grew up in West Miami. Have kicked around much of Miami-Dade.
    Naples, west coast area is nice. We vacation in Ft Myers Beach area.
    Hunting, not really much of it in S Fla. You have to get into Central and Northern FL for that. Fishing, as mentioned, book a trip out of the West Coast. Mexican food, Cuban, Colombian, Nicaraguan, you name it. We have it. Mario's is good. When I head down to Homestead, I usually stop there or Casavanas.
    - Have a good day and a better tomorrow...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast