RepackboxLoad DataLee PrecisionWideners
Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
Inline Fabrication

Thread: 500 S&W long nose molds

Boolit Bub

500 S&W long nose molds

I read through the original group buy for these from 2011 and attempted emailing NOE several times to see if any of the molds were still available. I received no answer. Obviously my account isn’t honcho grade so I can’t start a group buy. But, would there be any interest from anyone who is a honcho to start one of these up? Looking for the long nose molds for 500 s&w. Maybe in 400, 450, or 550? I’m not too picky, just looking to get maximum performance out of my revolver.

Boolit Buddy
    Mihec still has 502-700 JR HP in stock (with penta pins hardball alloy comes around 620gr for me) as long nose as it gets

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by kayala View Post
    Mihec still has 502-700 JR HP in stock (with penta pins hardball alloy comes around 620gr for me) as long nose as it gets
    Is that a mold company? Haven’t heard of them yet, I’ll check it out.

Although I’d love to have one of those as well, it would still be nice to have a little more room for powder. Pretty much looking for optimal weight with maximum velocity while filling up the 2.300 cylinder the whole way. I’d like to be right in the 450-550 range, but I’ll have to do some testing to see what I like best so I’ll probably end up with a few different weights, I just have the Lee 440 grain right now that ends up about 460 with hitek and gas check but it just sits too deep in the case.

Edit: I now see you were referring to MP molds, I’ll be grabbing one of those in short order. Thanks for your help.

500 S&W long nose molds

https://www.mp-molds.com/tipstricks/...-512-mp-molds/

Here you can see few of MP 502” moulds.

https://www.mp-molds.com/bullet-cast...pa_caliber=502

Here you can see his moulds, 2 designs seams to be in stock.
    Last edited by Gamsek; 05-04-2021 at 01:38 PM.

Boolit Man
    Can you post a link to said NOE mold group buy you speak of? I purchased a NOE mold from a member here for a 500 and I wondering if it’s the same one.