Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2WidenersRepackboxLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters Supply Load Data

Thread: Redneck DIY boolits

Redneck DIY boolits

Finally have pictures! One is of the "Redneck boolit mold". One is a picture or some boolits cast with soft lead + 10 % WW weighing 173.3 + or -3.0 grains. Then another one is a picture of some diy tools and boolits. Well I purchased parts including 80% to "build a 350 legend so I could use an AR to pig hunt with, thinking that one could get a few more shots before the pigs vanished than when shooting with a Marlin 30-30.Bought a box of J words and Winchester brass. Next, it got to where you could not buy anything for reloading. Well what is an old redneck supposed to do? First was the boolit mold completely DIY, handles included and boolit cherries. I am fortunate to have a Bridgeport mill with an index head plus an old Lathe and much patience. Next came the sizing push through dies .359, .358, .357 and then .3567 which will go to battery and function properly. I plan to add more pictures but before that I will go through the pictures cropping and resizing so that they upload.

The Winchester brass bulges badly with bigger than the .3567 diameter boolits and not go to battery. Next without being able to replenish powder/primer/reloading tools, etc. along came the belling tool, a Beagled 158 gr SWC lee mold that rounded the meplat. Sorta ruined the beagling job as the nose was off kilter. That inspired a nose punch to reshape the boolit where it will chamber. (redneck) . Messed up on the boolit mold as in the table moved on the mill ( I forgot to lock everything down.) After more beagling , it produces a .168 gr .357 dia., a 173 gr. a 190 gr..358 dia and a 220 gr. .362 dia. boolit all in one pour. The picture of the push through die shows the nose punch and new shape boolit nose next to it. The Hi tech GC boolits in the picture are 173.6 grains. One of the Beagled two hole Lee mold is 173.6 grains the other is 165. grains all plus or minus a couple grains. Slugged my rifle barrel and it is within SAMMI .355 and .346 lands.. The chamber is tight . This will get things started and I plan to add more pictures.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails diy bullet mold (2).jpg   IMG_20210316_104221 (2).jpg   IMG_20210311_093014.jpg  
    Last edited by OldBearHair; 05-03-2021 at 10:56 PM. Reason: spelling

I want to introduce you all to my new a Avatar picture/. Bow kill 5x5 bull with Hoyt avenger bow and 208 grain broadhead. Arrow is slower, bowshot much quieter (don't jump the string noise) and will penetrate much more than the popular 100 gr. head.

I had just changed my Avatar picture before posting #1 post and thought to explain it. Sorry if that doesn't meet standards.