RepackboxSnyders JerkyInline FabricationRotoMetals2
WidenersReloading EverythingLee PrecisionLoad Data
Titan Reloading MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any one seen the rest of this 03 A3?

Boolit Buddy
    Hi All,

I saw two blown firearms years ago. One was a 45-70 trapdoor fired with hot modern rifle loads, BANG heard the guy yell -I turned & saw the barrel sailing down range. He caught some case fragments in the face, chest and upper arm.

The other was a SHOTGUN news sales item A Nagant 7.62 x39R cylinder. rechambered to 7.62 Tokorov. The cylinder came apart do to the much larger powder load & thin remaining chamber walls. The shooter & his pal were hit with large chunks of cylinder fragments in the head & neck.
    Be safe,
    broomhandle

Quote Originally Posted by 444ttd View Post

alright, i USED to be one of them guys that loaded way way over the book listed. i was young and dumb and unaware of the pressure it created. i thank God for the way the rem m700 in '06 is made. my loads never tore apart the barrel and the bolt, but they could have. the hair on my neck still stands whenever i or you guys/gals mention it. i was DUMB and lucky i didn't blow my fingers off or worse.
    My hunting uncle would have said: "Boy, you was born to be hung!"
    Cognitive Dissident

Boolit Master
    I made the mistake once of loading 7.62 brass hot. Flattened primers and hard bolt lift. Can't say I was ever on the range when a gun blew up.

Boolit Master
    I was directly behind a pre 64 Model 70 in 243 that had the classic blowup.....ring blown apart,stock splintered and barrel on the ground in front.........this was in the early 70s,and it was a boyscout type of outing using cheap white box military reloads....Fortunately it was benchrest ,the kid wasnt holding the front part of the gun,and no one was hurt.......the barrel was undamaged ,and I rescued it from the bin later that day....and used it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12