WidenersRepackboxRotoMetals2Lee Precision
MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
Inline Fabrication Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Donut sticker shock

Boolit Master
    My boss owned a carpet shop,and had a tennant in the shop.....I think he had to bail them out financially,and ended up owning the business...or something............anyway ,next to the carpet shop was a bakery,and they used to toss lots of day old stock into the rubbish...cakes ,donuts,buns etc.......Boss used to get them out of the bin,and take them back to the yard for the painters and blasters......I used to go round the carpet shop to service the forklift ,and knew all about the goodies and never spilt the beans.

Boolit Master

Alturas, California...where the west still lives!
    "Mini inflation" started here locally several years ago...........at least as far as the hamburger stand. I had my father in law in the pickup and offered to buy lunch, so we stopped at the local Frosty Freeze which had just reopened under new ownership.

I ordered two cheese burgers, two orders of fries and two milkshakes. The total came to forty seven bucks! I kid you not......$46.90! I looked at the menu board for the first time and realized that I'd never seen individual prices like that in my life. Oh, I paid for it alright. After all, I ordered it....but that was the last business they ever got from me.

That place closed down not long afterwards and just reopened "under new ownership"........

We used to have a great little doughnut shop too, that charged fair prices. Unfortunately, they closed down too, never to reopen.

The way our government is printing money, we should get used to prices going up daily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Boolit Master
    We have in my area Duunkin Donuts and a local shop Kane's. Kane's donuts are much bigger made on site and make DD.taste like sawdust.
    Kane's are $2 each but worth every bit. The ingredients for donuts has gone up in price combine that with a $12-$15 an hour minimum wage and the other cost of running a business especially here in Ma you'll see why donuts can be an expensive treat.

Boolit Grand Master
    Only way I like Krispy Kreme doughnuts is when the glazed come off the line and are still hot. One is about all I care for. Used to be a place in Oklahoma City, called Geralds that had the best orange doughnuts. They weren't orange iced, but orange throughout the doughnut. Best orange iced was Mr. J's in Redlands, CA with a place in Tulsa a close second. LaMars doughnuts in the Denver area are pretty good I think.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by gbrown View Post
    Kolaches are 1.00, donuts $0.40, Apple Fritters at 1.20. good to go here. Krispy Kreme? Over rated,
    I don’t see the draw about KKreme but then I’m not a donut person. DDonuts are better but not much. I did like their briquette shaped chocolate brownies, if they were two-three days old and dry around the edges. Now a grilled pecan roll would be a real treat but can’t find pecan rolls anywhere.
    There’s a Polish store/restaurant nearby. Stopped there yesterday for first time in years. Kolaches were $1, they were ok. Home made pierogies $15 / dozen, bought some for dinner, ok but not worth that much. Guess I’m spoiled for life.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bmi48219 View Post
    I don’t see the draw about KKreme but then I’m not a donut person.
    Thing about Krispy Kreme is like propaganda. They do a good job of advertising, I'll give them that. They opened a store here, and it lasted about a year to year and a half. It's now a Chipole's, which does very well. If you bring a product here, it better be something good. Otherwise, you end up with the also-rans.
    One of my father's favorite statements: "If I say a chicken dips snuff, look under his wing for the snuffbox" How I was raised, who I am.

I have never had a Dunkin Donut. When I was in the Navy Stationed at NAS Imperial Beach CA (south of San Diego. Home town was Cucamonga CA 92 hour drive from San Diego. My Mother worked at a Donut Shop. On Weekends I didn't have the Duty I would go home my mother would send me back to base with 4 dozen Fresh Donuts to share with my Squadron mates. Now I just buy a box of 6 Chocoate old Fashion Fanz donuts.

If he local dinner makes donuts when they feel like it we pay $3.00 each. Also very plain.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Keyman View Post
    If he local dinner makes donuts when they feel like it we pay $3.00 each. Also very plain.
    Don’t believe I’ve ever had a $3 donut. I’ve heard food is expensive in Alaska. Guess it’s not too expensive if you eat it real slow.

You guys. Best donuts bar none are Shipleys, there is a Chinese family here in NWA that owns about 4 or 5 of them. Or did. About 18 months ago, the Shipleys signs disappeared off the stores and just simple Donut sign replaced them. But donuts are the same. I guess their franchise ran out, but they must buy same supplies as donut are the same. Gone up this year to $11 with tax a dozen. But if you want expensive, go find a Hurts. Yes, HURTS. Small franchise. Donuts are mainly 'special' as they start about $3.50 each and go up from there. Closest one here lasted about a year. Closed pre covid. Wonder why?

Boolit Master

No donut shops in my area. If you want donuts, then you go to the bakery section of whatever grocery store you want. They are all pretty much the same tasting stuff. Haven't bought donuts in years, so no idea what they cost.

But, I did have a Krispy Kreme a few years ago that was still warm and it was amazingly good.
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Boolit Master
    The donut hole in Destin, FL, Ken’s in Austin, TX, and the square donut place in Bloomington, IN. I understand that there is a place in Charlotte, but I haven’t been there. DD in a pinch, KK only for the most desperate of times.

A Krispy Kreme doughnut is not fit to eat, UNLESS it is still hot from the conveyor, then they will make you hurt yourself.

I try not to look at the place when I go by for fear the "hot doughnuts now" sign will be lit.
    Chance favors the prepared mind.

In season, I'll bring 3 or 4 fresh cantaloupe to the wonderful Korean owned donut shop that I frequent. The ladies will give me free donuts for a couple of weeks! Normal price for my favorite chocolate iced wonders-85 cents apiece.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12