Lee PrecisionLoad DataReloading EverythingRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
Wideners Inline Fabrication

Thread: For Thought and Meditation - Monday, May 03

For Thought and Meditation - Monday, May 03

Good morning all. Let's start the week off with this great message. Have a safe and blessed day.

Monday, May 3, 2021 - Pastor Greg Laurie
    Live in His Shadow

“As the LORD God of Israel lives, before whom I stand, there shall not be dew nor rain these years, except at my word.”
    —1 Kings 17:1

Elijah walked out of complete obscurity and into the court of the most wicked king that Israel ever had.

Then he courageously declared to King Ahab and his wife, Jezebel, “As the Lord God of Israel lives, before whom I stand, there shall not be dew nor rain these years, except at my word” (1 Kings 17:1 NKJV).

We can imagine what they were thinking: Where did this guy come from? Where did he get the audacity to speak to us in that way? Doesn’t he know who we are? Doesn’t he know what we can do?

The secret of his courage was contained in this phrase: “As the Lord God of Israel lives, before whom I stand. . . .” Elijah knew who his God was.

The psalmist wrote, “He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty” (Psalm 91:1 NKJV).

Have you ever tried to walk in another person’s shadow? You must be close to them and in step with them. Elijah was aware of the fact that wherever he was, he stood consciously in the presence of God.

The psalmist continues, “I will say of the Lord, ‘He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him I will trust’” (Psalm 91:2 NKJV).

The Bible is telling us we must have an intimate, close relationship with God. But a relationship alone isn’t all we need. We must also dwell in fellowship with God. Some Christians attend church on the weekend where they listen to a message and sing worship songs, but then they live like atheists for the rest of the week.

God wants to be part of our lives. He wants us to dwell consciously in His presence and spend time in His Word, in prayer, and with His people.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Master

Good message for these times - And for all times. My great great Grandfather's name was Elijah and was a tough act to follow, as attested to by his sons and grandsons - But I digress. Thank you so much for the Scripture and lesson this morning and for your labors and efforts in this world. Psalm 91 is one of my most favorite . . .
    Being human is not for sissies.

Boolit Master

Amen, Abide in the shadow of the Father!