Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
RepackboxSnyders JerkyTitan ReloadingLoad Data
Wideners Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: S&W 32-20 speedloader?

Boolit Grand Master

Back in my LEO days when speed loaders came out I was weened on the HKS 38-K. I used them often in PPC and PSC matches (when I shot my service revolver. I could do very close to a 1 second reload with them. I still have my original 5 of them along with my S&W M15 with 5" service revolver. Not near as fast these days with the HKS 32-Js but they are a lot faster than single loading. However, speed isn't really why I carry and use the 32-Js with my M30 S&W. Convenience is the reason. I can put the 3 speed loaders in my pocket ready for use much more readily than loose rounds. Also I can cary one loaded with WCs for small game and can pull that one speed loader out of the pocket just by feel. I do also have a double fold cartridge carrier for the belt.

Attachment 287137
    Larry Gibson

“Deficient observation is merely a form of ignorance and responsible for the many morbid notions and foolish ideas prevailing.”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Boolit Grand Master
    I didn’t mean that with sufficient training the HKS can’t be fast, but for the average person, they do require a lot more training if you want them to work quickly. I know a lot of LEOs felt like they had left the Stone Age when they started using them instead of dump pouches, but remember the Bronze Age came after the Stone Age and we still think of that as primitive.

Your Phriendly ‘Phibian
    "It aint easy being green!"

Boolit Grand Master

I started off with loading from belt loops to dump pouches to speed strips then to the HKS speed loaders......indeed I had left the stone age and actually felt I had entered the space age........

The trick to using them was to use ammo that went into the chambers easily and to grasp the loader by the knob not the body especially when taking them out of pouches or pockets. Also learning the correct method to dump the empties and hold the revolver with one hand for loading greatly improved the speed. I was a LEO firearms instructor and found the little extra training didn't take all that much. Most that had problems with them were fumble fingers anyway and also had real problems even single loading. Some are just have better coordination than others. Still even they greatly reduced the reload times using the speed loaders either the HKS or Safarilands.
    Larry Gibson

“Deficient observation is merely a form of ignorance and responsible for the many morbid notions and foolish ideas prevailing.”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Boolit Grand Master
    Those of us who are coordination challenged discovered the “Jet Loader” design with its spring assist, and that was the end of the story. Sometimes a simple answer stops me from trying something that requires work on my part.

Boolit Grand Master
    Hey Larry, what kind of speed loader did you use with that Blackhawk?? I can’t find one on any of the lists.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Green Frog View Post
    Hey Larry, what kind of speed loader did you use with that Blackhawk?? I can’t find one on any of the lists.
    Easy, just pop the cylinder out....put pistol between legs to hold or in arm pit.....shake out the empties load empty cylinder with speed loader......put back in frame......

I might just have to try that one of these days.......
    Larry Gibson

― Nikola Tesla

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gibson View Post
    Easy, just pop the cylinder out....put pistol between legs to hold or in arm pit.....shake out the empties load empty cylinder with speed loader......put back in frame......

I might just have to try that one of these days.......
    That will work......
    JMHO-YMMV
    dd884
    gary@2texastrucks.com
    Gary D. Peek

I've thought of a tube for the single action, my big RN .45's slide in like butter. I use HKS speeedloaders in my dick special and my big .45 625, both give nice reloads quickly. I too carry a speedloader carrier on my belt and I think it's the best way to carry ammo for a revolver.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jj.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	26.1 KB 
ID:	287154

I think it looks like it's in decent condition. I took up the S&W and passed on a early army special in 32-20.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12