RepackboxReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
Inline FabricationWidenersLee PrecisionLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin With Fixin's..

Vendor Sponsor

Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin With Fixin's..

I planted some cabbage collards last fall, and they never did much but I left them, they finally got where I could make one pot of greens, and I had to vacate the garden spot for tomatoes, so I says "What will go good with these collards?" And something pork came to mind, and I remembered a garlic and herb tenderloin in the freezer so it was on..

I used a 12oz. package of hardwood smoked bacon, laid it out in slightly overlapping strips crosswise to the cutting board, placed the thawed pork tenderloin in the middle and started wrapping strips of bacon up and over the top, used flat toothpics to pin the strips on good, seasoned it with some herbs and black pepper, put it in an earthenware baking dish with a screen in the bottom to keep the meat up out of the grease and baked it 55mins at 375.

Meanwhile, I cleaned the collards and since there were no turnips in the store in the spring, I used a 1/4 head of a small cabbage to sweeten the pot some. Big spoon of jalapeno slices with vinegar, garlic, salt, and of course smoked pork jowl for seasoning. I found a little jar of the habanero sweet pepper relish so them collards was dressed out fit for even Elvis!

Made mashed taters and pork gravy, oh hell yeah we talking white boy soul food now!! This was DELISH, and got a couple days of leftovers to boot..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	181680201_10159321916176350_4997394340412710014_n.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	80.9 KB 
ID:	282342 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	181814574_10159321916286350_519499384011357433_n.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	68.7 KB 
ID:	282343
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

I'm not THAT far from you...... Quite disappointed in not getting the invite!!
    "Do not follow where the path might lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" Ralph Waldo Emerson

Boolit Master

Yeah - It's been a while since I saw a photo of one of your plates of good eat'n. I kinda miss them. Food just seems to be what is most interesting these days. Thanks for this - I'll be hungry all day - But then that's pretty normal for me
    Being human is not for sissies.

I can smell that all the way up here in Maine. Smells good and looks good!

Boolit Grand Master

I'm about to do something similar - but without the collards and the pork loin in the smoker for about three hours.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Banned

looks fantastic. I buy them when there on sale and do something simular but cook mine on the grill with some good barbeque sauce

Boolit Buddy
    That looks great!