WidenersSnyders JerkyInline FabricationReloading Everything
Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Repackbox
Load Data Lee Precision

Thread: I shot one today with my 350 legend

Boolit Buddy

Red face I shot one today with my 350 legend

Live target was a 13 lined groung squirrel at 30 yards about.

Lee 200 gr cast and powdercoated, launched by 21 gr Win296

Fired out of a Midway 350 legend barrel on an ar-15 by myself offhand.

It sure was destructive to the eatin meat he might have had on him. Flew several feet high on impact.

I was impressed to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by mulespurs View Post
    Live target was a 13 lined groung squirrel at 30 yards about.

Lee 200 gr cast and powdercoated, launched by 21 gr Win296

Fired out of a Midway 350 legend barrel on an ar-15 by myself offhand.

It sure was destructive to the eatin meat he might have had on him. Flew several feet high on impact.

I was impressed to say the least.
    Over the winter I shot a mink swimming in a canal using my 350 with factory FMJ. Must have been something weird about the angle because the critter went spinning end over end a good 10 feet in the air.
    When you care enough to send the very best, send an ounce of lead.

I really do like you sharing your load data, I have the NOE version of that mold and have found no data for a 200gr bullet of any kind, and others I have came across was using bolt action rifles and had no AR-15 action to cycle, and you when in the direction I was thinking using W296/H110 Thanks
    But using a 200 gr slug on a critter that may weigh less than the slug? no over kill there
    And my buddies was trash talking me last fall for deer hunting with a 35 Whelen pushing a 200 gr slug.

Boolit Grand Master

So I guess there will not be any "eating right up to the hole on this one". But it is rewarding to see the end results of the work. I do smile with you.
    "Come unto Me, all you who labor and are heavy burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28
    Male Guanaco out in dry lakebed at 10,800 feet south of Arequipa.

Banned

The things you see in the woods

My uncle Lenard shot an Ermine with a 30-06 in the mid 70s in Michigan. He hit low on the log it was standing on and a wood splinter came up and hit it in the eye. Uncle Len delivered the coup de gras by pinching it between his thumb and forefinger. It was about the size of said forefinger. He skinned it and presented it to my aunt Norma as the start of her Ermine coat . . . .

Boolit Master
    Since the 350 Legend is a somewhat rimless version of the 357 Maximum , only in 9mm form, could you use 357 Max data for the 200 gr?
    I'm the King of my castle---anytime my wife's not around
    Life NRA member

"A Government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have"
    Thomas Jefferson

LIFE, LIBERTY, AND THE PURSIUT OF THOSE WHO TREATEN US

Boolit Master
    Is your Midway barrel accurate? I have bought a couple one in 300 Blackout and one in 223 with Wylde camber. The 223 is a tack driver with jacketed bullets but not so good with cast bullets. The 300 loves those Lee 230gr boolis. I have been wanting to build a 350 legend for my grandson and have been eyeing those AR Stoner barrels at Midway.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by ubetcha View Post
    Since the 350 Legend is a somewhat rimless version of the 357 Maximum , only in 9mm form, could you use 357 Max data for the 200 gr?
    You can...but be aware that starting loads for some powders in the Max are less than in the Legend. Powders that shouldn't be reduced could have problems using Max data in the Legend.

An example would be H110 where the max load for the Max is below the starting load for the Legend.
    NRA Benefactor.

Boolit Buddy
    I like my Midway barrel. It seems as accurate as me, no formal benchrest tests as of yet. I had to learn to seat bullets with the lee final die and crimp with the extra factory crimp or taper crimp die whatever they call it to get reliable cycling in my ar. I then check every so often with a loaded case guage to be sure of function.

The barrel was accurate enough to take a 155 score Iowa buck completely off his feet at 200 steps with a hi shoulder shot.

The barrel is pretty good by me

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by brewer12345 View Post
    Over the winter I shot a mink swimming in a canal using my 350 with factory FMJ. Must have been something weird about the angle because the critter went spinning end over end a good 10 feet in the air.
    It's always weird how laws vary from state to state- they'd take your hunting license, a couple hundred bucks and maybe your gun for that in Michigan. Hunting mink used to be allowed here but that changed 25+ years ago.

Be safe!

John

Quote Originally Posted by Beaverhunter2 View Post
    It's always weird how laws vary from state to state- they'd take your hunting license, a couple hundred bucks and maybe your gun for that in Michigan. Hunting mink used to be allowed here but that changed 25+ years ago.

Be safe!

John
    Perfectly legal to hunt furbearers here. We whack muskrats and beaver regularly in season. Heck, the rangers encourage us to shoot beaver simply because the population is out of control.
    When you care enough to send the very best, send an ounce of lead.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by dh2 View Post
    I really do like you sharing your load data, I have the NOE version of that mold and have found no data for a 200gr bullet of any kind, and others I have came across was using bolt action rifles and had no AR-15 action to cycle, and you when in the direction I was thinking using W296/H110 Thanks
    But using a 200 gr slug on a critter that may weigh less than the slug? no over kill there
    And my buddies was trash talking me last fall for deer hunting with a 35 Whelen pushing a 200 gr slug.
    I use a 9.3x62 with 286gr SP

Was thinking of using my 416 Taylor with 400 powder coats for varmints...too much??

Boolit Grand Master

I tend to shoot varmits with whatever I have in my hands if one happens to wander itself in the way I am looking.
    I doubt a 500 grain FNPC'd cast from a 50 Alaskan at 1850 fps even gets nudged as it whallops a groundhog at 25 yards.
    "Come unto Me, all you who labor and are heavy burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28
    Male Guanaco out in dry lakebed at 10,800 feet south of Arequipa.

Quote Originally Posted by dh2 View Post
    Like you, I'm having problems finding loading data for the 350 Legend. I have several loading manuals, but none new enough to have data for this cartridge and the powder manufacturers don't show data for bullets heavier than 180 grains. Data would be appreciated...

Boolit Master

357 MAXIMUM is a good starting load for the Legend. You need to experiemnt as to the gas abilities if powders should you shoot in a gas gun. But as this is slightly less powder cap and lower pressures its loads are safe starters in the legend.

Some worry and there is warmings about reducing some powders. So this is a consideration with some powders. But I haven't seen problems.

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Boolit Buddy
    Nice!