MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingWidenersSnyders Jerky
Reloading EverythingInline FabricationLee PrecisionRepackbox
Load Data RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: $ primers

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by yovinny View Post
    100 packs ?
    Who normally buys primers by the 100 pack ?
    When I first started loading I didn't have 100 cases so why spend $10 when I could spend $1. I was kinda cheap back then and could only get a few day to shoot here and there.

Now that I don't work much and just have to walk out the door to shoot I buy in larger quantities.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by jim147 View Post
    When I first started loading I didn't have 100 cases so why spend $10 when I could spend $1. I was kinda cheap back then and could only get a few day to shoot here and there.

Now that I don't work much and just have to walk out the door to shoot I buy in larger quantities.
    Im all for being cheap,,, thats why I buy in quanity and am just now getting into my post Obummer scare $79. cases of primers....

Quote Originally Posted by bluebird66 View Post
    Larry Potterfield sold me some small pistol for 75.00 per k.
    At least with Larry you have the opportunity to get speedy, free shipping and less overall hazmat fees. It's not exactly a great deal, but it's well worth getting primers from a reputable online retailer.

Midway USA has been my only source of retail primers.

Agreed that $50/1000 is about as low as they will go. That said, right now $90-100/1000 is a deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawlerbrook View Post
    Agreed that $50/1000 is about as low as they will go. That said, right now $90-100/1000 is a deal.
    Even at Larry's current prices it still means that I don't have to pay $1.30 a round for .38 Special. With my current equipment and expendables, I'm paying about $12 per 50 rounds of .38 Special. Not great in terms of maximum reloading savings, but I'd rather pay $12 than nearly $70 for the same amount of ammo.

Moderator / Master Tool & Die Maker

Lots of primers up here at $60.00 per M, works out to roughly $48.00 USD.

RRR
    "I Make the part.............................that makes the parts"

Looking for Bullet Mould Handles, Heavy Duty Replacement Sprue Plates, Adjustable Paper Patch Bullet Moulds? Check here:http://www.kal.castpics.net/

My Feedback!

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...Red-River-Rick

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Red River Rick View Post
    Lots of primers up here at $60.00 per M, works out to roughly $48.00 USD.

RRR
    I would gladly pay $60 per Million of primers. I work with electronics. That is just a pet peeve of mine.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by tomme boy View Post
    I would gladly pay $60 per Million of primers. I work with electronics. That is just a pet peeve of mine.
    thinking its a typo I also have seen many in the 48-52 us dollar but ateast we are seeing them. Not like a while ago, you had a better chance of sighting a unicorn!!!

Boolit Master
    M is 1000 in roman numeral. It used to be used commonly when designating thousands. I doubt it was a typo.
    When I saw the post million didn't even cross my mind. I guess I'm getting old.

Boolit Buddy
    Some things are starting to come around here, but primers, still none to be had. LGS says just none to be had and said check back in July. LOL

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by VariableRecall View Post
    Even at Larry's current prices it still means that I don't have to pay $1.30 a round for .38 Special. With my current equipment and expendables, I'm paying about $12 per 50 rounds of .38 Special. Not great in terms of maximum reloading savings, but I'd rather pay $12 than nearly $70 for the same amount of ammo.
    Wow! $1.30 per round? I bet I can load it for 6 cents. That is incredible.

I feel for those who got caught short handed on supplies during this shortage, regardless of how or why.

I was in one of my local shops this past week and the owner was on the phone talking about reloading to a friend. His friend was as frustrated as the rest of us about the lack of supplies. He did tell the shop owner, one thing I can promise you is this, once this is over and supplies are available again? I am NEVER going to get caught short on supplies. I'm not sure what the new guys shooting habits are, but he apparently enjoys it enough he's ready to invest deeply.

38 Specials. My current cost? About the same as they were 12-15 years ago.

Murphy
    If I should depart this life while defending those who cannot defend themselves, then I have died the most honorable of deaths. Marc R. Murphy '2006'.

Boolit Master

Me too Murphy; as a matter of fact some of my PWD is vintage 1970's. Still goes bang and the chrono doesn't seem to notice much difference.

Quote Originally Posted by downzero View Post
    Wow! $1.30 per round? I bet I can load it for 6 cents. That is incredible.
    $1.30 a round was the last time that I had seen .38 Special in a store. I really wished that I could load for cheaper, but at the moment I've yet to find cheap lead, primers, or brass.

Either way its far better than paying extortion prices for ammunition.

I am wondering what the people who having been buying up all the dies, presses and molds are doing if they can't get supplies to use with them. I have checked several times on Amazon for dies and molds (didn't need any but was curious) and they had nothing available. I really don't think their production was affected as badly as the component's industry.
    A vote for anyone other then the conservative candidates is a vote for the liberal candidates.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by VariableRecall View Post
    $1.30 a round was the last time that I had seen .38 Special in a store. I really wished that I could load for cheaper, but at the moment I've yet to find cheap lead, primers, or brass.

Either way its far better than paying extortion prices for ammunition.
    Was that for some speciality carry ammo ?
    There was a few flavors of standard 38spl at the show last weekend,, $35. per 50rd box.
    And I saw lots of people fondle them, but didnt see a single sale....

I believe it was the store's last few boxes of Re-manufactured ammo, just milk toast FMJ from the looks of it.

I have been noticing that the die makers have been having spots of coming back in stock these past two months. The mold that I had received from Lee smelled like they were fresh out of the factory.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dverna View Post
    I believe the "new normal" will be $35-50/k and expect it to happen by the end of the year. Agree with others who said to be patient if you can.

I do not black list companies that are charging market prices. I have run a couple of companies and understand the tradeoff of volume and margin. A "fair" margin when you are selling 100k a month is different than a fair margin when you are selling 20k a month....many operating expenses are not variable and you still need to keep the place open. Heck, I will even buy from Cheaper Than Dirt if they have the best price. Call me a *****...but I am not stupid.
    The LGS has to make enough money to keep the doors open. My favorite LGS just closed a couple of weeks ago, as they couldn't get new stock in, and couldn't afford to keep paying the rent. Their FFL guy is looking on the bright side. He drives race cars, and has been having to race home after the weekend races so he can open up on Mondays. Now he won't have to do that. I am sad to see them go, but happy for him and his wife. And sad for their employees.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by yovinny View Post
    100 packs ?
    Who normally buys primers by the 100 pack ?
    When I started out, I bought 1000 pack boxes,, but I havent bought any primers in less then 5k case lots in probably 30yrs.
    Even after the last big Obummer primer shortage,,, 5K cases went back down to $79.
    There was a time when I would buy 4 to 6 100 packs at $0.69 each because that’s what the budget allowed. I was loading .38 Special on a Jr. 2 press so that was a lot of primers.
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast