Load DataWidenersTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Snyders Jerky Repackbox

Thread: For Thought and Meditation - Sunday, May 02

For Thought and Meditation - Sunday, May 02

Good morning all. Thanking God for His mercy as we speak. Have a safe and blessed day.

Today's Scripture - Hagee Ministries

Proverbs 28:13
    "He who covers his sins will not prosper, but whoever confesses and forsakes them will have mercy."

Daily Truth

Jesus is our Healer, but unconfessed sin can obstruct the blessings of God in our lives. As today’s verse points out, if we cover up our sins, we cannot prosper. Obtaining mercy involves two steps.

First, we must confess our sins to God and ask His forgiveness. Most of us find that step the easier one. Second, we must forsake our sins. This is the more difficult action. Repent actually means that we feel such regret for our actions that we amend our life; sorrow brings about a change of behavior.

God cannot bless our rebellious disobedience. It would deny His own character. If He did bless disobedience, it would enable us to remain in our sinful state…the place from which Jesus rescued us. He loves us too much to leave us there.

While God’s love is unconditional, available to all, many of His promises are not. Those promises are not based on Who He is, but on how we respond to Him. Consider I John 1:9 — “If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins.” His action hinges on ours. If we do what He commands, He considers us His friends (John 15:14). Exodus 15:26 tells us that if we heed the voice of God and do what is right in His sight, He will heal us.

Our Good Shepherd knows how far we stray. At our faintest cry, He will seek us out and bring us home. Restoration is as near as repentance. Maybe your healing is a confession away.

Today's Blessing

Heavenly Father, I open my heart before You. I confess my sin to You, all the places that I fall short. Cleanse me and make me whiter than snow. Create a clean heart in me, open to receive Your healing touch. In Jesus’ name…amen.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Master

A great lesson today, Amen!