Lee PrecisionLoad DataRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
WidenersReloading EverythingSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
Titan Reloading Inline Fabrication

Thread: How much for this?

Boolit Master

How much for this?

Just read an email from CDNN that shows some NIB Winchester rifles to bid on. I just wonder what this would need if I wanted it:

Winchester Model 94 20" .25-35 Win. SERIAL NUMBER 5 Saddle Ring Carbine NIB.

I know very little of the value of Winchester lever actions in this auction.
    Most of the tanks are gone and the windows don't rattle anymore. I won't be able to sleep now.

Quote Originally Posted by daengmei View Post

Winchester Model 94 20" .25-35 Win. SERIAL NUMBER 5 Saddle Ring Carbine NIB.

There's no such thing as a .25-35 Winchester of any kind with the SN 5...……………..

The first Winchester .25-35 Rifle (model) ever made was SN 2347

The first Winchester .25-35 Carbine (model) ever made was SN 6506

IDK what the SN start was for the post-2009 Japchesters branded as "Winchester".

Now I lay me down to sleep
    A gun beside me is what I keep
    If I awake, and you're inside
    The coroner's van is your next ride

It's one of the commemorative type deals where they make a limited number with a special ser# range and sell them at a premium since the serial number is "low". The ser# on that rifle is 00005ZP94C, so it's the 5th one of the ZP94C series but not the 5th win 94. At the end of the day it's what it's worth as a shooter unless you find that sucker born every minute that just needs to have it.

Boolit Master
    I see, thank you both. I'll stick with what I got.
    Most of the tanks are gone and the windows don't rattle anymore. I won't be able to sleep now.

I have a similar deal Colt 1873 with a "under 100 ser#" only it was made a little over 50 years ago and not 148 years ago. Still a very nice gun, just not enough to retire on.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Moleman- View Post
    It's one of the commemorative type deals where they make a limited number with a special ser# range and sell them at a premium since the serial number is "low". The ser# on that rifle is 00005ZP94C, so it's the 5th one of the ZP94C series but not the 5th win 94. At the end of the day it's what it's worth as a shooter unless you find that sucker born every minute that just needs to have it.
    yep right on all counts.
    These commemoratives are worth watching - lots of folk bought them thinking it was an investment - keep it mint / unused one day we get rich selling it - winchester made too many for that to happen so they sat as safe queens - the ones I have seen were better made than the standard models of the same era, and up until recent sold at a discount to a new model 94.
    I have an Oliver F Winchester, 38/55, 24" oct barrel, checkering on real nice wood, D&T for williams sight, super accurate, top eject, no lawyer BS safety, its a fine rifle - I would like it better still with CCH finish or a proper blue job - its a shooter not a decoration. They did make some nice commemoratives and in calibres not available in the shelf 94 at the time also made some crappy hoon guns at the same time .

Boolit Master

I have in my collection a Winchester model 1892 44-40 in unfired condition with S/N #1 ( EX under S/N ). Frame is color case and it has an octagon barrel with all the correct markings. The reason it's unfired is because there is a problem with the feed rail. The only reason I have it is because I got tired of people bragging about their low S/N guns.