MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Repackbox
Titan ReloadingInline FabricationLoad DataSnyders Jerky
Wideners Reloading Everything

Thread: Patch Poppers

Boolit Buddy

Patch Poppers

Just a heads up to you guys here. I spoke to the guy today that makes the patch popper patch dispensers. He told me he is getting down to the last of his supplies and once he uses them up he does not plan on making any more of his product. So if you've been thinking of getting one might want to do it sooner rather than later.

And for those that don't know what they are, like me 2 days ago, they are a patch holder and dispenser.

I just shot a match in windy conditions and spent a bit of time chasing flying patches from my recycled chicken wing container. I decided I needed to come up with a better way of organizing my patches and stumbled across this thing called a patch popper. Who knows maybe you all know of them already but figured I'd pass along the info.

Boolit Grand Master Don McDowell's Avatar
    The linen patches Paul sells are real nice too.
    Long range rules, the rest drool.

Boolit Buddy
    Good to hear, I ordered up 2 packs of 1K each along with the double popper. You tried any of the Pro Shots in the popper by any chance?

Boolit Grand Master Don McDowell's Avatar
    Yes, the Proshots and other flannels work in the popper, but the first one will wrap around the brush, but still leave enough bristles to pick the top patch up where you can pull it out.
    The slick trick with the popper is to roll the brush till the top patch is just sticking out enough to grab it and pull it out. That will roll the brush enough to get the next one up and ready to go.
    Long range rules, the rest drool.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Don McDowell View Post
    Yes, the Proshots and other flannels work in the popper, but the first one will wrap around the brush, but still leave enough bristles to pick the top patch up where you can pull it out.
    The slick trick with the popper is to roll the brush till the top patch is just sticking out enough to grab it and pull it out. That will roll the brush enough to get the next one up and ready to go.
    Good to know thanks for the tip.

Banned

A Patch Popper is an Essential part of my game as it saves fiddling time at the line when time is of the essence!

I mostly use those Arsenal one-shot throwaway patches that I got many thousands of from Steve before he passed, but Paul's linen reusable patches are best.