Reloading EverythingRepackboxLee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingLoad DataWideners
RotoMetals2 MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Got rear-ended

Boolit Master

Got rear-ended

Yesterday my wife and I were driving on a street that narrows to One lane. I saw in my rear view mirror that a car had tried to move into the one lane but was cut off. Apparently words or gestures were exchanged, I don't know which. In any case the chase was on. I saw the car that was moving past me in the middle of the road where there was no lane. He was driving very fast. Suddenly our car was hit from the rear by the car doing the chasing. I pulled over and parked thinking the other driver would do the same, he didn't. He made a U turn and sped away. I never saw the car. My wife said it was a small car, maroon in color. I can only assume that the driver was a young male with no insurance and probably no drivers license and maybe illegal.It wouldn't be the first time. It's what our country is becoming. Very sad. A women from Arizona took the front off my car when it was only two months old. She had no driving California license and no insurance and she was driving a rented truck. I called the sheriff's office and they sent out two officers. They gave her a ticket and cut her loose. When I complained about it and said she will never pay for the damages, they just shrugged. My insurance company, Allstate paid for all repairs and even a rental car. They informed me some time later that the women refused to pay and they would make no further effort to collect. She had rented the truck in a place called Apache Junction. I have never been able to rent any vehicle without proof of insurance.
    A GUN THAT'S COCKED AND UNLOADED AIN'T GOOD FOR NUTHIN'........... ROOSTER COGBURN

Boolit Master
    Glad you're ok. Seems like folks can get away with pretty much anything these days.
    Warning: I know Judo. If you force me to prove it I'll shoot you.

Was it one of the major rental agencies like Hertz or U-Haul? Not only do they require proof of insurance, but they require a valid driver license. You very likely have an actionable law suit against the rental agency and should consult an attorney.

As for the rear ending incident, it looks like not much can be done without a witness and/or a license number. Depending on how much effort you want to put into it you may be able to identify the person and vehicle by sitting along the road at about that same time for several days, and perhaps the car will come driving by.

DG

Boolit Master

Since his insurance paid his damages there is probably very little he can do in any case. It is in the hands of the Insurance Company.

Boolit Grand Master

Sucks. Friend of mine had a car run a stop sign and he broad sided it with his semi while bobtailing. Spun him around, off the road onto a lawn and he took out someone's porch. Lady had no job, no money or assets and minimal insurance. Cost him $25,000 out of pocket to fix his truck and month of rental for another
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Welcome to the Brave New World.
    I don't need to tell you who to thank for it.

Boolit Bub
    We have "people from somewhere" walking around , hitchhiking...... problem is: the are 3 miles from the nearest rural road..... could they be " escapees from a government funded man- camp?" IDK, but Ms Joe is carrying her roscoe around the rural homestead......... its a different world folks.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mexicanjoe View Post
    We have "people from somewhere" walking around , hitchhiking...... problem is: the are 3 miles from the nearest rural road..... could they be " escapees from a government funded man- camp?" IDK, but Ms Joe is carrying her roscoe around the rural homestead......... its a different world folks.
    And it is only gonna get better.
    A GUN THAT'S COCKED AND UNLOADED AIN'T GOOD FOR NUTHIN'........... ROOSTER COGBURN

Boolit Master

And people wonder why the insurance companies are raising rates so much... This is why.
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Moderator Emeritus

I was told in Az you don't have to have liability insurance. You have to have full coverage if you want your vehicles protected from those who don't.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

I was sitting at a stop sign and a bicyclist ran into the back of my truck. Give you two guesses who's insurance covered his bike.

Boolit Master
    As a cyclist, I can guarantee you who'd be paying for everything.
    Not all cyclists are *******s.
    “Coincidence is God’s way of remaining anonymous.”