RepackboxLoad DataWidenersInline Fabrication
Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Lee Precision
Reloading Everything MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: No Water

Boolit Master

No Water

Last time we lost water was 2007. It sucked but took me 30 minutes to get the well pump up and running and bypass the rural water. I don't have my well pump set up anymore to do that.

There is a company replacing the natural gas line from the Kansas state line to what is now I-49. It's hilarious they call that an interstate highway.

I don't have natural gas but I have rural water. This is the second main they have taken out in just a few miles of work. It should be a fun month or two while they work their way across.

If I need to I have a small pump I can set up to get us running water but it might not be the cleanest. Or maybe spend all day Monday getting the old well house back up and going.

Boolit Buddy
    I would get your old well back up to snuff if you think this may happen again. Best of luck to you.

Do what you need to do to get the old well working. It is good to have backup!
    I truly believe we need to get back to basics.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.
    Get back to thinking like our forefathers thought.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!

Boolit Master
    Close to da Creaux,Hang'n out in Swamp's and Bayou's
    You may want to consider getting that Nat.Gas, I use mine on the dryer,stove,hot water heater and the biggie A generator.
    It's nice to have a nat.gas generator after a hurricane whips out the power grid, Keeps the wife happy !

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    I was advised that if you have to go to an old well that hadn't been pumped from for quite awhile, to dump in a gallon of bleach, then let the water run for 24 hours to clean the system.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Master
    ++ on the natural gas generator, water being equally important if not for drinking tea, coffee etc. most importantly is flushing toilets.

Boolit Master
    They got the water fixed last night, for now.

The natural gas line is a couple miles away and they don't have any plans on running it out here.

I don't have a dug well. It's a shallow well pump that pulls out of a small lake.

Never a plan on running natural gas lines for a few houses out in the woods. I've got an asphalt plant less than a half mile away and a rock quarry just a bit farther. Both have a gas line to them and a few houses near them have gas. but they won't run any near me.... I had same issue in MS. two companies on either side about half mile away. no way they were going to run line for just a few houses. But build major pipeline to the north? sure.....

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Moderator Emeritus

Interesting problem. Household gas lines should be 30" deep and we need 66" of cover to stay frost free for water. Even the 16" 1200 psi lines didn't get 40" of cover. Too many times you need to find them with a shovel.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Grand Master

That's why when the local city wanted to run water lines everywhere and sent out letters asking us if we wanted to hitch up then included some vague "if you decide later to do it it's going to cost you" language we passed and kept the well.

I don't have a dug well. It's a shallow well pump that pulls out of a small lake.

Unless there is a specific reason not to have one I'd save my pennies and drill one.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum