Snyders JerkyRepackboxReloading EverythingTitan Reloading
Lee Precision Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone for a Buffalo Hunt?

Boolit Man
    I was reading the FAQ here:
    https://www.nps.gov/grca/learn/natur...ction-faqs.htm

and read something interesting:

What qualifications must a volunteer meet to participate in the lethal removal operations?
    Skilled Volunteers must meet the following criteria:

Provide a pictured proof of identity (driver’s license, passport)

Be a United States citizen

Be 18 years of age or older

Provide proof of successful completion of a firearms safety course (hunter safety course or similar)

Be willing to haul bison carcasses out of wilderness on foot without motorized assistance

"Be willing to haul bison carcasses out on foot...."

I am hoping there are some volunteers to assist in packing and removing the animal via horse or something as there is no way in heck I can drag it out.

Curious how much that service would be or how much meat they would want?

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    The horse help at TRP came from local ranchers, well known to local Park personnel. What I heard of their charges, they were reasonable, considering the labor and butchering experience involved.

Boolit Bub
    This is a lethal removal not a hunt. Click on the link in post 21 paragraph 3
    You get to pay the money and do all the work and you dont get to keep the meat.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by 41cal View Post
    This is a lethal removal not a hunt. Click on the link in post 21 paragraph 3
    You get to pay the money and do all the work and you dont get to keep the meat.
    I saw that. I'm wondering if there isn't some mix up going on here as requiring someone to pack out an entire buffalo they won't be able to keep any part of is rather silly.

I spent most of a summer camped on the north rim working for AZ G&F doing Spotted Owl stuff. Great area and I'm familiar with the buffalo ranch up that way.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Lead bullets are not banned. It’s recommended they not be used but isn’t mandatory. If you win the lottery and are a handloader, they’ll send you non-lead bullets for the caliber you request.

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    Read all the fine print and then make your decision
    Too many items in column B
    Regards
    John

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Omega View Post
    I don't feel I can, at this time, physically be able to participate, but it seems to me that the requirements are about right for a culling process, all except the BG check. I figure if you can produce a carry permit or other evidence that a BG check has been conducted it should be good enough. I have purchased a couple of weapons in the last few months, and also hold a classified clearance, the latter of which goes much more in depth than the NICS check, that should more than suffice. But, I don't feel one is required for something like this, it isn't like they are going to provide the weapons or make available some to purchase.
    As to the ID, I have absolutely no issue with this requirement, we need to insure more things like this (need to be a US citizen) need ID than less, and yes that definitely includes voting.

Play the "handicap" card. Tell them you also identify as lesbian native american.

Boolit Grand Master

Hunt ???
    You really think you will allowed to wander about the beauty of our park ? I can see a fenced area where you are ushered in with your personal controller.
    Another guberment means to glean info.
    "Come unto Me, all you who labor and are heavy burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28
    Male Guanaco out in dry lakebed at 10,800 feet south of Arequipa.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12