Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingInline FabricationLee Precision
RotoMetals2Load DataWidenersSnyders Jerky
Repackbox MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: For Thought and Meditation - Thursday - Apr. 29

For Thought and Meditation - Thursday - Apr. 29

Good morning all. Great message today. Our blessings are boundless. Have a safe and blessed day.

Thursday, April 29, 2021 - Pastor Greg Laurie
    Four Pictures of God

“Those who live in the shelter of the Most High will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty. This I declare about the Lord: He alone is my refuge, my place of safety; he is my God, and I trust him.”
    —Psalm 91:1–2

Just as there are different words we use to describe people, such as father, friend, wife, or son, the Bible uses different words to describe God, giving us a glimpse into His nature and character.

We find an example of this in Psalm 91, where the writer presents four different pictures of God.

The psalm begins, “Those who live in the shelter of the Most High will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty” (verse 1 NLT). The name “the Most High” comes from the Hebrew word Elyon, which speaks of God as the One who possesses everything. It reminds us that God owns it all.

The next name, “Almighty,” or Shaddai in Hebrew, speaks of provision. It’s wonderful to know that God owns everything, but it’s also wonderful to know that He wants to provide for us. He’s not only the living God but also the giving God.

Then we come to verse 2, which says, “This I declare about the Lord: He alone is my refuge, my place of safety; he is my God, and I trust him” (NLT). “Lord” comes from a Hebrew word that has been translated “Yahweh” or “Jehovah” in English. It’s the word God gave to His own people, the Jews, in speaking of the covenant He established with them.

Also in verse 2 is the term “my God,” which originates from Elohim and means “more than one.” There are not three Gods, but there are three members of the Trinity: The Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.

To put it all together, we see that the all-knowing, all-powerful God who possesses Heaven and Earth is in a special covenant with us and wants to protect us and provide for our needs. So before we even get into the promises contained in this great passage, the psalmist gives us great confidence in God.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Master

Amen and praise our Almighty God!