WidenersLee PrecisionReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
RepackboxLoad DataTitan ReloadingSnyders Jerky
MidSouth Shooters Supply Inline Fabrication

Thread: Hyundai car title

Boolit Buddy

Hyundai car title

Has anyone ever ran into this we paid the car off early and now want the title. We paid the car off in early march and to no avail can we get the title Call them up and put on hold 45 min. I am not sitting on hold any more. Sent email, just a kind reply with same number that puts you on hold. Any thought or ideas on how to get my title.
    Last edited by redriverhunter; 04-28-2021 at 10:45 PM.

Boolit Master
    Try your DMV or prosecuting attorneys office. One of them will be able to answer your questions.

Boolit Master
    They probably have a pending title.... I've had this happen with dealerships where they did their own financing in house. They have an out of state title that they just kicked the can down the road until payoff, and discover something problematic in the transfer process. You wouldn't think you could register it, but apparently there's some kind of grey area maneuvering that can be done. Just a guess.

Boolit Buddy
    Once you make your final payment, you have a right to obtain a lien release from the lienholder. When you get a lien released, you can receive a clear title from the DMV. Most titles are now held digitally, it may be worth a call to your state's motor vehicle department to see if the lein has already been released and the title is free and clear to you now.

Banned
    Call the DMV if it is an out of state title you can get the original lien holder and start tracking from there dealerships will "buy paper from banks" and hold the note never bothering to title the vehicle in their state and dealership. That is probably your delay issue.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    I ran onto something similar this winter. I bought a car around Jan. 6, and kept waiting for the title to arrive. I was getting close to the expiration of the temporary tag, so started making phone calls. It turned out that although the dealer sent the paperwork in, the title now goes directly to the DMV. So, all I had to do was go in and ask them to get it for me. Yours may be the same thing.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    I recently bought a truck with a clouded title . Little Mom and Pop place .
    We did our stuff got a letter back that AR was unable to issue a title to us because of some paper work page or other missing . Moe's auto emporium got it taken care of and we have a correct clear title now . It nearly doubled the contract time on the truck , half down balance over 90 days . They buy rebuilds , repos , and otherwise not commercially brand dealer suitible cars and trucks . I suspect this truck was a contested repo that sat for some time and that someplace between the dealer , court , banker , dealer and Moe's someone dropped or lost a page or just passed the buck until it got to me .

I bought one another time that had the lien release stamp and signature , owner signiture , and by weird coincidence the seller and the bank officer at the counter in DMV when the lady behind the counter told me I couldn't buy the car because the seller and titled owner couldn't sell it because the bank owned it .... I was like you know this is the seller , and this is the loan officer that signed the title ? It was just lag in the system , but the seller had the released title for over a month and I'd had it a week . Same deal with an early pay off .

It's on the dealer , bank , or seller to make it right . A petition for a lost title might generate some interest for whomever is holding up the paperwork .
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Boolit Grand Master

Don't call No Body ... Go down to DMV and talk to someone , real person , eye ball to eye ball .
    They can easily put you off on the phone but in real life , standing there with your eyes locked on them , It's simply amazing how quick and easily things get resolved .
    Simply Amazing ... trust me !
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Buddy
    I went to the dps today and they said I had to get a letter of lien release from Hyundai. Ok go to talk to the sales man who sold me the car, he called finance and they said call the number, I said I have been down that road. Seemed like nobody had an answer. I told the sales man if I was trading this car in to buy a new one I bet that title would be found (no comment). Any way I got an address, I am going to send them a nice letter with what dps said they need to give me a copy title. I will let you all know how it turns out.

New or used car? DMV is way behind now due to china flu. Same with dealers and finance branch.
    Whatever!

Moderator Emeritus

I went to buy a boat that the owner had title to but needed it changed to remove a lien and wife from title. State of ID told him anywhere from 10-90 days. I passed.
    MT past governor told officers that the 30 day temporary stickers would now be given 180 days. Some suspect it started taking DMV that long when they heard the news.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Master

I ran into a similar issue w/Kia. We had financed the vehicle then paid the total balance due with an EFT six months later. Waited 6 weeks and no pay off letter or title. Jerked around with CS and the dealership for 2 weeks. Dealer said I had to give them an additional pay off fee! Found out they aren’t licensed to sell vehicles in Florida. I looked up the KIA corporate officers and sent an email to the VP of Finance on a Friday afternoon. Monday brought his reply and calls / emails from half of S. Korea. Pay off letter arrived Wednesday via FedEx. I emailed and thanked him for his help.
    Kia is now on my ‘Never Buy Again’ list.

Opposite happened to me years ago when I bought a new Mustang. Financed thru the dealer, as I was young and had no money. Couple weeks later the title showed up in the mail with no lien noted! Joy!

Paid the car off without issue...and never worried about them sending me the title.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by d4xycrq View Post
    Opposite happened to me years ago when I bought a new Mustang. Financed thru the dealer, as I was young and had no money. Couple weeks later the title showed up in the mail with no lien noted! Joy!

Paid the car off without issue...and never worried about them sending me the title.
    I had a similar experience with a boat many years ago. I had a small sailboat that I bought in New Mexico and I later moved to Texas. IIRC the hull had the lien in NM and the outboard carried the lien in Texas. When I registered it in Texas I received a clear title.

Several years and 2-3 boats later I got a call from a bank. I had traded another sailboat in on bigger one. The dealer paid the boat off and shortly thereafter went out of business but had never changed the title to his company. The bank wanted me to come get my boat. They were perfectly happy for me to take it anyway but I didn’t need slip rent on two boats. Neither the one I traded in nor the one that bought from the dealer was trailerable so I didn’t want it back.
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by David2011 View Post
    I had traded another sailboat in on bigger one. The dealer paid the boat off and shortly thereafter went out of business but had never changed the title to his company. The bank wanted me to come get my boat. They were perfectly happy for me to take it anyway but I didn’t need slip rent on two boats.
    So the bank had the boat but title was in your name? Wonder what they had to do to get rid of it. Not being judgmental but you did the right thing. The dealer paid it off and your entitlement ceased when you traded it.
    Normally I don’t wish to profit from the mistakes of others but I might have made an exception since it was a bank. Not a big fan of banks.

Boolit Buddy
    A little late getting back to this, but got the title about a week after going to the dps and dealer. I do not know if my visits made a difference or not. Got the title all is well now.

Boolit Master

sorry missed last post